Grey Ghost, anyone else have this happen (small toggle switch)?

GillyWI

Elite Member
I like the GG original I got this year but I do find myself tripping the small toggle switch. Unsure what this switch does exactly, and even the instructions don't specify, just tell you to find which position works with your specific detector. So I am annoyed enough that I have considered lopping off 2/3rds of the toggle so I hopefully don't bump it anymore. Been a few times I have thought "MAN this area dried up fast!" only to find I have been "deaf" because I bumped the small toggle when finishing up my previous dig. Other than that I like the comfort and sound, really well built and not too hot or heavy, just right.

Most headphones come with a stereo plug on them but depending on the detector, some are stereo and some are mono. The switch changes between the two.

You could go inside and move one of the wires on the switch? But it will then only work for one or the other.

Jeff

If you only use the phones on one detector you could eliminate the switch but you would have to figure out what wires go to what other wires. You could also drill a small hole in the ear cup in a place where it wouldn't be so apt to get hit and install the switch there. You could also take the nut off the switch and pull the switch inside the earcup and tuck it under the foam then there is no way for it to get bumped,etc.

Yeah the switch inside the cup idea is good, if I ever have 2 machines that use different positions i could just put it back the way it was. Of course if I cut off part of the toggle I could still switch it back and forth, just would be less likely to bump the switch.

If you don't ever need it just stick a dab of silicone caulk on it. It can be removed if you need it later. Some switches make it where you can cut the detector noise off while you use a pinpointer. Some detectors like the v3i have where you can listen to all signals in one ear. And all the good signals go to your other ear.

Back
Top Bottom