I Got Yet Another Omega 8000 Version 6 Headed My Way

beephead

Elite Member
I pulled the trigger on another one. I've previously owned versions 4, 5 and 6. The versions 5 and 6 are my favorites and are getting hard to find. I should have known better to sell them because every time that I did, I got seller's remorse. It's one amazing detector. Dave Johnson really did a great job designing this detector. It's super fun to use and it's a silver magnet.

beephead

Whats the difference between the versions? I pondered that machine but decided to go with what has worked for me in my area. Congrats on the new toy!

The common Omega 8000 version 4 that I have had more sensitivity than can be used. But it still detected a dime to 10" in disc air test. The all metal mode has numerical ID and is a couple inches deeper, without the weak audio on deep coins. The 5" coil is very accurate on the visual IDs, with good depth and not as big of a range of weak audio in disc mode.

I've tried all the version and versions 5 and 6 work best for me in the high EMI areas that frequent regularly.

beephead

OK I got it in the mail today. The first thing that I did was put a screen saver on it, since it's brand new. I also wrapped the foam handle with a piece of plastic from a freezer bag and secured it in place with 4 thin strips of black duct tape. I finished up by putting two small pieces of florescent orange duct tape on the search coil to mark its center. Doing that makes pinpointing a little easier and it gives me something to look at when I'm swinging the detector.

I'm going detecting with it tomorrow if it's not raining. I don't have any new sites lined up, so I'll be going back over some sites that I've already cherry picked. I bet a dollar that I'll find some silver coins with it on its maiden voyage. :yes:

beephead

I bet a dollar that I'll find some silver coins with it on its maiden voyage. :yes:

beephead

Who would be dumb enough to bet against you finding silver? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beephead, Which coil did you get your Omega? The 10'' concentric is my favorite.....close second is the Nel Sharp.

Beephead, Which coil did you get your Omega? The 10'' concentric is my favorite.....close second is the Nel Sharp.

Right now I just have the 10" concentric search coil. I used to run the NEL Sharpshooter full time on my last Omega before I sold it.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom