Creek hunt #2, more silver!!!

rbstoops

Elite Member
Went back to the creek where my son found the silver band, this time I went downstream about a mile where there's another gathering spot. Took my son with me again and this time he played in the water while I hunted. Hunted for about 3 hours, found some clad, headstamps, the normal trash and a hug women's ring. I was about 10 ft. from the bank and these 2 ladies showed up with 4 kids, one of the ladies ask me if I had found any treasure about the time I pulled the ring out of my scoop, I just held the ring up and both of their jaws dropped and their eyes got big and I didn't say a word, just smiled and went back to swinging.
I didn't know if the ring was junk or not. After I stopped for lunch I checked the ring out and .925 on the inside and it cleaned up nice.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 482
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 474
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 491
You would definitely do better selling that one for other than melt. Nice catch!

I agree, all the stones are attached and it cleaned up nice but I think my wife has laid claim to it.

That's what you do! You let her keep the silver and the gold is all yours!! :lol:

That little spot is working out quite well for you! Gotta be gold in there! Those are the right looking tabs and the things you are finding says its not been hunted much if at all...

That old Lighter you found the other day...let us know what happens at Zippo and what you get back!
Mud

That little spot is working out quite well for you! Gotta be gold in there! Those are the right looking tabs and the things you are finding says its not been hunted much if at all...

That old Lighter you found the other day...let us know what happens at Zippo and what you get back!
Mud
Mailed it in today, I'll let you know what I get back.

Wow!... Nice ring... now those ladies are headed to Wal-Mart to get their own MD. Congrats and good luck and happy hunting.
Yeah, I did find it in about waist high water so if they come back with those detectors they wont last long :laughing:

Went back to the creek where my son found the silver band, this time I went downstream about a mile where there's another gathering spot. Took my son with me again and this time he played in the water while I hunted. Hunted for about 3 hours, found some clad, headstamps, the normal trash and a hug women's ring. I was about 10 ft. from the bank and these 2 ladies showed up with 4 kids, one of the ladies ask me if I had found any treasure about the time I pulled the ring out of my scoop, I just held the ring up and both of their jaws dropped and their eyes got big and I didn't say a word, just smiled and went back to swinging.
I didn't know if the ring was junk or not. After I stopped for lunch I checked the ring out and .925 on the inside and it cleaned up nice.
Great find on the ring.

Back
Top Bottom