Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 10-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Elite Member

Default XP MI-6 Pinpointer integrated performance observation using elliptical HF coil

Since receiving my Xp pointer I have not used much.
Well this morning I used while on a 1.5 hour hunt.

This reporting here deals with using with elliptical HF coil only, other coil use may bring different results.

First up, this pinpointer was not ready to be released by XP based on use with elliptical coil.

XP should be ashamed of themselves.

I do like the pulse tone selection,,with the ratchet sounding of audio as the pointer near metal.

Now for the bad.
I experienced delays with coil coming back on line ( getting a no coil indication "sometimes" not all when turning pointer off.

I experienced getting a detect screen and even a coil back in the meter,,but no audio,,and after like 30 seconds give or take the audio would start working.

One must be careful when turning off pointer,,,you may sweep right over a good find. Might should sweep the coil near some metal to make sure audio part is working. HF coil runs quiet,,hardly any chirps or anything to tell you it's working correctly.

Now, remember this elliptical coil was released last,,and the other coils the pointer may work better with.

Hopefully Xp can get this all remedied with update in due time.

Remember also pointer does have capability to fly solo of Detector.
I don't think this is the reason anyone would buy it though, but a work around if you can't tolerate the bugs.

I may trying running pointer using the other Deus coils to include round HF coil,,hard for e to though,,I am,loving the elliptical so much.
We'll see though.

Still loving my Garrett propointer.
My warhorse of a pointer.
Cheers

Last edited by tnsharpshooter; 10-02-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Elite Member

Default XP MI-6 Pin pointer field report using elliptical HF coil

Mine worked ok with the stock coil, but I just found that I prefer the Garrett Carrot. Maybe because I've been using it so long that anything else just seems strange. I will be trying the new Pro-find 35 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Elite Member

Eh I used the MI-6 one 6 hour hunt since I got it with the HF elliptical I've had for a bit longer. I don't seem to be having those issues.

Past Detectors: Vaquero/AT Pro/AT Gold/Quattro/F70/X-Terra 30/Delta 4000/Freedom 3 CDC/T2 LTD2/1265-X/1225-X/1212-X/1210-X/Amphibian/Gold Bug/MX Sport/Makro Racer/F75 LTD2

Old 10-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dsm_mechva View post
Eh I used the MI-6 one 6 hour hunt since I got it with the HF elliptical I've had for a bit longer. I don't seem to be having those issues.
I have seen at least one other person post about some of the problems I am seeing on another forum.

I have a new Deus I got with 9" LF coil with versions 4 already loaded.
I may pair its remote and headphones to HF coil and see what happens.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Elite Member

Hm I haven't noticed any issues here ..so far that is.

Yeh it takes a few seconds to switch back from the MI6 to the HF coil, about the amount of time it takes me to holster the MI6 which is fairly quick. That being said with the Carrot I would just leave it on in instances where I want to recheck the signal with the coil vs turning it on/off. I suppose I could use MI6 without being in program 7 but then I may as well use my Carrot. I'm still getting used to it but haven't noticed any no coil messages or anything I would consider an issue so far. If I do in the future I will be sure to post to this thread.

Past Detectors: Vaquero/AT Pro/AT Gold/Quattro/F70/X-Terra 30/Delta 4000/Freedom 3 CDC/T2 LTD2/1265-X/1225-X/1212-X/1210-X/Amphibian/Gold Bug/MX Sport/Makro Racer/F75 LTD2