New Minelab machine!! See it here!

Lots of YaHoo going on here but no results to base it on, just potential. Frequency choice is not new, multi-frequency is 20 years old, wireless has been done, and the delivery date has been mentioned as spring 2018. After that there will be a wait for the exorbitant claims to calm down, and then in about a year, we'll know how good it really is.

Wonder if the hype will be overblown like that of the mojave? I bought a mojave because of the hype and an available opportunity. I am not sorry for the purchase but I don't hear much hoopla after the initial release nowadays. I think if you are smart enough to wait and see you will be rewarded with better prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Wonder when they'll be available.

Good question!!! You think before Christmas time!!!!! Can you imagine how many of these things would be under the Christmas tree!!!!!

I really just want to know how the new technology comparies to bbs and fbs!

Also by it having 6 frequencies and the fact you can run all frequencies at once makes it a lot better than my cz20 because I only run 2 frequencies at once. Plus it has a screen, number layout, it's very lightweight and wireless! This could be my next beach machine!

I like the idea of a more affordable salt machine...

Used Sov or Explorer would due too but this looks promising.

Sell the gold rings I've found maybe for one or just wait a long time....

Or etrac.

May have to do with ID of targets??? Coin wise.

Jewelry hunters in the water even salt, just need stability, decent depth and be able to discern nonferrous from ferrous,,,and off those bottle caps.

I'm actually surprised they still have th etrac. I did read that they are doing away with some stuff for the etrac.

Saw a few of the videos yesterday. There was a lot of "this is still a prototype". One of the comments was about the handle and the minelab response was "the production unit will be different "

I am curious how compact it can collapse into. I have to fold down a second row seat in my Yukon to fit the damn excal in.

Anyone looking for a down and dirty water machine that collapses, and wants to do that every hunt, is never going to be happy.. Especially with CF shafts...

The shafts, and locking mechanisms do one of two things.. You can only choose one..

1) they lock up forever
2) they wear out and quit holding

Based off my and friends experience over the past five years.. I'll be leaving all mine locked in hunting position..

Even non moving parts will work their way into CF...

These pictures might look familiar to some...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• 2016101895154930.jpg
    2016101895154930.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 20161018_173917.jpg
    20161018_173917.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 217
What's the story on those pics Ice? Loose screw allowed the shaft to move around and abrasion cut through the shaft?

What's the story on those pics Ice? Loose screw allowed the shaft to move around and abrasion cut through the shaft?

I think it was factory tight, and didn't work loose either..

The flexible, dynamic nature of CF, even tight, it still moves, and rubs, ever so slightly, particulates get in and the work happens..

Obviously, some material, takes injury better than others.. Although initially way stronger, once damaged, gets weak easily...

<°)))>{

Not to pick on the CF...

The aluminum in my ATP has taken on a lot of wobble and wear..

But it can be shimmed, and or redrilled easy enough..

Water hunting eats everything, including machines, and us...

<°)))>{

That happens when someone doesn't rinse the sand out of the shaft

It would happen to me then..

I always find some cleaner water add get all the junk off my machine and scoop.. But I'm not going to treat it like a princess either..

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom