What’s this?

Kwerky

Forum Supporter
Hi all, found this today. Deep in the woods, but was likely fields in the 1800s due to the large rock piles. It is 1 9/16” diameter. Looks like it might be silver, I’ll have to test it. Thinking maybe a horse bridle rosette? Anyone seen this design before?
713D9876-CEFB-4C7D-A06D-F47A70E35574.jpeg
E91D6F50-60D6-4DCC-9D1E-40A1BB6866FE.jpeg

IMO, definitely looks like a bridle rosette. Here's what little info I could find on it:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...onial-trail-hunt-military-bridle-rosette.html
Awesome find!!!
Cellrdwellr you are amazing! Perfect match. Thanks for the the great research! Military or not, it is a cool piece. Anything with an eagle is a special piece to me and this one even more so as it was found in our woods that has been “in the family” since original land patent. You folks are great! Thanks

It's 100% a bridle rosette. I dug one years ago. mine is in worse shape. yours is silver plated brass with a lead back
Wow! I have not been able to find any other match to these rosettes, but wondering if maybe these were once a pair! I found mine in our woods that was originally settled by one of my forefathers “Prentice Palmer”. It seems Prentice came here as original settler in the early 1800s from Conneticut! Specifically seems the Palmers were from the Stonington area, London county Ct.
Any chance you found your rosette in the London county area? I know - 1 in a million chance, but I love the history aspect of this hobby:mder:

Wow! I have not been able to find any other match to these rosettes, but wondering if maybe these were once a pair! I found mine in our woods that was originally settled by one of my forefathers “Prentice Palmer”. It seems Prentice came here as original settler in the early 1800s from Conneticut! Specifically seems the Palmers were from the Stonington area, London county Ct.
Any chance you found your rosette in the London county area? I know - 1 in a million chance, but I love the history aspect of this hobby:mder:
mine was found on the waterbury/wolcott CT line

Back
Top Bottom