Bucket lister

I was able to drop in on the owner and confirmed he was still agreeable to extending the permission to me. (Thanks Serial Digger!)

Nice owner and great 1830's house and property. I had my detector with me and some time to spare, so I wanted to get a feel for the place by swinging over the various areas, digging a few targets, and making a plan for my first full day. That'll likely be this weekend.

There are lots of nice features to the property: Front and side porches, a hidden old brick walk that's grown over--I could see where Serial Digger found it and hit it hard---an old well, an old formal gate to the property, and a small dried up creek bed. As a city slicker who spends most of his days in front of a computer, it's just a nice place to be even if I don't find much.

There's very little modern trash and enough old trash to show ongoing potential. Enough junk to partially mask medium to deep targets, and enough to create a high potential for desirable relics and old copper. SerialDigger made some great recoveries--more than what's shown above--but there's a good chance for a few more high quality keepers. I dug two nice relics and a good coin, which I'll show later.

I'll likely be out there this weekend and start a new discussion thread.

I was able to drop in on the owner and confirmed he was still agreeable to extending the permission to me. (Thanks Serial Digger!)

Nice owner and great 1830's house and property. I had my detector with me and some time to spare, so I wanted to get a feel for the place by swinging over the various areas, digging a few targets, and making a plan for my first full day. That'll likely be this weekend.

There are lots of nice features to the property: Front and side porches, a hidden old brick walk that's grown over--I could see where Serial Digger found it and hit it hard---an old well, an old formal gate to the property, and a small dried up creek bed. As a city slicker who spends most of his days in front of a computer, it's just a nice place to be even if I don't find much.

There's very little modern trash and enough old trash to show ongoing potential. Enough junk to partially mask medium to deep targets, and enough to create a high potential for desirable relics and old copper. SerialDigger made some great recoveries--more than what's shown above--but there's a good chance for a few more high quality keepers. I dug two nice relics and a good coin, which I'll show later.

I'll likely be out there this weekend and start a new discussion thread.

I was still getting questionable targets around that old sidewalk that I'm sure is more goodies. I bet the side and back has serious potential. I never made it back there. So many more good finds there. There is also 3 more long gone foundations near there that I'll put you on when your done with that place. I never had much luck at the other 3 but never know. Glad I left that place in goods hands. Cant wait to see what all you get from there. HH my friend

Back
Top Bottom