Coin Show Today

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Theres a Local Coin Show today! Its a good place to go and see some neat old coins!...possibly redeem some dirty clad pickins for Silver/Gold!

Great place to strike up a Detecting conversation without anybody rolling their eyes or saying, "Gee, thats nice"...:laughing:

Attachments

• coin show.jpg
    coin show.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 302
  • auction1.jpg
    auction1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 294
  • coin group.jpg
    coin group.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 310
  • gold coin.jpg
    gold coin.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 302
Sounds interesting! Wish I could go...

Just google coin show followed by your zip code and you will find out when they are going on in your area.
I love cash and carry buying at coin shows I just don't have the money to go very often. :no:

EDIT: Just saw you are in Oz. Well it might still work! :lol:

That's nothing compared to the one I went to it was so crowed and cramped I got stuck in the middle of an aisle waiting for people to get out of the way.

Coin shows are the best place to buy coins or precious metal. I attend shows on a regular basis and at every show I'm able to add something to my collection and also add some more to my pile of silver and gold items. Buying at a show is more convenient than buying through the mail and then maybe having to return something. Also, you can haggle with the dealer and usually get a better price than mail order. NEVER buy anything from those home shopping channels !!!!

Hi Mud-Puppy,
Down here in Decatur, We have one of them coin shows on the first Sunday of every month. We call it the flee market. They have all kinds of junk. My wife and I always go to give us something to do. I don't let her take any money. She will hind something she can not live with out... KEN

Two coins are on my bucket list :

a. walking liberty
b. silver quarter from the 50's / 60's.

Looks like I'll have to see if there's any shows near me.

Great pictures btw.

I got there sort of late...Been working on the house to put it up on the market and get out of here and go adventuring!....I managed to get myself a Seated Half and a Standing Q for about a weekends worth of totlot clad!! Or a 10 gal tank of gas..or a few days worth of beer...

I am convinced I will NEVER find either of these coins in the wild!:laughing: I can find clad a plenty though, so WTH.....good trade!...Its HARD work finding Old silvers in the Wild...Coin shows are so much easier! :laughing:

Attachments

• seated half.jpg
    seated half.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 225
I got there sort of late...Been working on the house to put it up on the market and get out of here and go adventuring!....I managed to get myself a Seated Half and a Standing Q for about a weekends worth of totlot clad!! Or a 10 gal tank of gas..or a few days worth of beer...

I am convinced I will NEVER find either of these coins in the wild!:laughing: I can find clad a plenty though, so WTH.....good trade!...Its HARD work finding Old silvers in the Wild...Coin shows are so much easier! :laughing:

Mud, You hunt the water enough you will find standers, I get them every year in the water on the east side. I have got a couple seated dimes out of the water but never a quarter or a half.

You will get one. Be patient grasshopper.

Mud, You hunt the water enough you will find standers, I get them every year in the water on the east side. I have got a couple seated dimes out of the water but never a quarter or a half.

You will get one. Be patient grasshopper.

Right? You'd think so! Plenty of Barber Q's, but that Stander has eluded me! So I will sleep with this one under my pillow, and dream I find a wild one someday...maybe tomorrow even?:laughing: For the price, I thought, "Hell..this is what all the fuss is about? just easier to buy the dmaned thing!" I can find $4 of clad by Sunup!

Right? You'd think so! Plenty of Barber Q's, but that Stander has eluded me! So I will sleep with this one under my pillow, and dream I find a wild one someday...maybe tomorrow even?:laughing: For the price, I thought, "Hell..this is what all the fuss is about? just easier to buy the dmaned thing!" I can find $4 of clad by Sunup!

I'm with you Mud,it's easier to buy silver than find it,I find some here and there but no where near what I could buy with clad.Those are some nice coins you got!

We have done both, bought and found silver. Both are fun! Still, nothing beats finding a seated or standing liberty, or a Morgan dollar (in the wild) We have purchased gold coins, but would love to experience the thrill of finding one in the wild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also KNEW I ould never put my coil over a LC, so I went and bought one. Less than a month later......... You'll see !

Neat idea Mud !!!!

......how many zincolns you think they would want for one gold coin :lol:

(seriously though, older coins fascinated me as a kid when I spotted them in change occasionally)

pennystack.jpg

If buying higher-grades/prices at the shows, educate yourself on counterfeits.
Even dealers can be fooled, especially with slabbed coins.
I can't afford the higher priced stuff, so no worries for me!

Even got a free token from an old show why they didn't give thes out last year idk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom