Which Coil To Keep...

TexHunter

Elite Member
Which coil would you keep, for general coin/jewelry "park"/"yard" hunting, with an X-Terra 705? The 9" 7.5kHz round concentric coil, or the 5 x 10 18.75kHz elliptical DD coil? This would be in addition to having the 18.75kHz 9" round concentric.

I'm just curious about these two, not looking for other recommendations of other coils. What would you base your choice on?

Thanks...

I would keep both concentric coils,and I like dd better...my reason being,concentric give a better Id,don't hit bottle caps like dd coils,and I never felt comfortable with that closed 5x10 hf from Minelab...As much as I prefer dd coils over concentric,the 705 seems to be better for me with concentric coils than any other machine I've used them on.

I would keep both concentric coils,and I like dd better...my reason being,concentric give a better Id,don't hit bottle caps like dd coils,and I never felt comfortable with that closed 5x10 hf from Minelab...As much as I prefer dd coils over concentric,the 705 seems to be better for me with concentric coils than any other machine I've used them on.

Well, that sure was a concise reply there!! I dont know what else could be added? great reply Woodbutcher!

I've used the 18.75 kHz for the past 3year , they pick up the smallest stuff. I found a small gold stud earring last year 7" in the ground, i never went back to the stock coil since. I use the one the looks like a football. To get in tights areas. And I been using the minelab x-terra 705 for 6 years.

This is my new detector and the 705

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 202

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. I think I am going to sell the 705 gold with the elliptical, and keep both of the concentrics for my 305.

Thanks again to all that responded, much appreciated...

Back
Top Bottom