Decisions Decisions....and a Hello

Boseephus

Hey everyone, new member here from around Athens GA. Getting my feet wet lately on mding. Purchased a new tracker IV for 70 bucks got my shovel and went at it. Now I know people like the tracker 4 but now I have been sucked in and what something a little deeper and nicer. Haven't found a lot but my 6 year old loves walking and digging anything. So we do. Makes it that much more fun to dig just a half horse shoe and poptabs.
Question is this. I don't want to spend more than 4-5 hundred bucks. But NEED a pointer too. Looking at ace 250 with trx pointer. @$375. At pro with no pointer@550. What about the ace 300 or 400? Have read lots and people seem to like those 250s. Just looking for opinions on best purchase. Would love to stay at 400 but can go 5 if good investment. Pointers just eat up a lot of money. So what are some suggestions?
Coins
Relics
Jewelry
Doesn't matter a lot when he's with me but when alone I want good stuff

Welcome from Buffalo NY , best prices from our sponsor list , also look in the forum MD purchase section . The sponsors have a lot of info about your needs + the best prices . GL ,,,,,HH

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Well, many members have said a lot of good things about the AT Pro.

I know you want a pinpointer also, from what members have said about the forum sponsors they offer great deals so it would be worth the effort to contact some of them, I can't say for sure, but maybe they can get you both an AT Pro and a pinpointer and still stay close to your detecting budget, wouldn't hurt to check !

Welcome to the addiction !!:D Tesoro has a new model coming out called the Mojave. It is well within your price range with more than enough left over for a good pin pointer. Also it comes with a LIFETIME warranty !! You should check with the sponsors of the forum about detectors in your price range. Most name brand companies have plenty of great choices to choose from. Whatever you choose, read as much as possible about your detector and learn how to get the most out of it. Good luck and happy hunting.:D

The 250 has been around a long time, was a game changer when it first came out but has been eclipsed by several over the years by units with screens that have more than just those icons.
Even by that company when they came out with the 300 and 400.

Lots of great units out there now at a low price with lots of features.
The Land Ranger Pro, the Fisher F22 and F44, Whites Treasuremaster series among the popular ones, the Euro Tek Pro and a few others still have their fans.

Don't know exactly when these are coming out but Teknetics is releasing some clones of a few of the more popular First Texas units soon, everyone is waiting for the new website to go live for pre-orders.
One model is a new re-badged Euro Tek Pro, another is going to be a Land Ranger Pro but the third one is going to be very special...the Patriot.
This is a clone of a much higher model, the F70, currently placed one unit down from Fishers best the flagship F75 which has a few versions.
This $650-$700 F70 model range detector is coming out of the gate at a discounted $399.
The value vs features and benefits is way out of whack on this one, I don't believe I have ever seen anything like it unless you buy used or find a dealer selling new units well below cost because they are closing their doors.

I run with an a F70 among others and know full well of its astounding abilities.
Light years above that Tracker, the Aces and many others due to its power and huge selection of settings available which is understandable taking normal pricing into account.
Even in this hobby you usually get what you pay for with higher priced units having more features.
All indications are this Patriot might be another game changer at this price.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=243500

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/532374-teknetics-ameritek-series.html

Last edited:
If you are trying to stretch your budget I would look around for a used Garret Pro Pointer. The original one are great and now that the newer ones and the Carrots are out the originals can be purchased for $60 or so if you look around. Unless you just know you are going to be hunting under water a lot you can get by with the original Pro Pointer.

South Shore MA say Hi There.
Hope you get the machine and pin pointer you are looking for and still have enough left over to get your 6 year old his own too!
Sounds like good times to me. :grin:

Hey Boseephus, I was in the same boat as you. My 6 year old loves digging and treasure hunting. I'll admit that I splurged to get us an AT Pro and the carrot stick. I only went with the Pro because I plan on doing a fair amount of beach hunting.
It was more than I wanted to spend, but most things worth while usually are. At least that's what I told myself. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom