CRH bought a dimebag today - 10,000 dimes for $1000 - wish me luck!

351maverick

Elite Member
I dumped $950 worth of half dollars at my credit union & bought a full $1000 bag of dimes fresh outta the coin machine - this was all ready to go to the Fed but I got it first!

10,000 of these is a LOT - I'm going to attack it in a little bit - wish me luck!

dimebag.jpg

You should do well. On average i get at least 1 silver dime for every $250 worth. I would expect you might do better since they are just out of the coin machine.

Good luck...that should keep you busy for awhile. Just wondering, if you were to pass your coil over a bag of those buried in the ground, would your metal detector explode...or just your ears?

Take advantage of those bags while you can. I used to do that at mine until the head office found out and said they MUST go to the fed and CAN NOT be given to the customers.

Hoopefully you have SEVERAL bags before they pull that stunt on you!!

KT hopes you got some good lighting, a comfy chair to sit in and a pair of Opti-visors...you will need em! At least you could edge hunt them first! That would allow you to pull all the 64s and earlier silver ones.

Am curious...KT finds sometimes in that size range there may be a few foreign coins in there....Keep us posted...interested in your follow up....AND Good Luck!:lol::lol:

well that SUCKED

took me 3 hours to edge hunt the entire bag - I'm a treasure hunter not a coin collector so I'm only interested in silver

I found.....wait for it.....TWO silver dimes, and I looked at every single edge, all 10,000 of them

I'm not sure if I just re-searched someone else's dump or there just are not a lot of silver dimes out there

I had a bunch of luck with the halves I got out of the same coin machine earlier in the week, no luck with these

NO MORE searching dimes for me!

these are getting dumped back into the same coin machine tomorrow, I'm thinking about buying the bag of quarters since it's full and I've noticed a lot of old ladies dumping change in there....hmmmm

Edge hunting only while doing CRH is a sure way to miss some silver. I hope you at least checked dates. :)

G2M

That is a bunch of dimes!!! Heck at least you scored silver!!! I was going to see if the bank would sell me what is in the coin machine but waiting on my wife we got there just at closing so we deposited our checks and did not want to make them wait... I will go back Monday am.

Be happy with your 2 silvers. I know the coin counter at my bank disc.s out silver, except for the half dollars. In the past, while dumping half dollars, I've actually found silver dimes in the reject tray. : ) It hasn't happened lately though. I'd go for the hand wrapped dimes next time and you may get luckier with the silver. Good luck. : )

Back
Top Bottom