RESULTS>> FMDF Gift Exchange 2013

Thank you so much for your most generous gift ParkHunter. You made my holidays with your present. Thanks again.

List of what he sent me:

1856 O Seated Liberty Dime
1934 C $5 Reserve Note
1885-1985 National Parks Canadian Dollar 1/2 ounce Silver commemorative

And I still have not received your gift even though you supposedly sent it the day after we exchanged addresses. :roll:

I sent out CTCURT's package today (late due to family vacation).. Probably should have sent him a Snow Shovel instead?

Happy New Year!

for_curt.jpg

Got my stuff the other day, love it!
dogtags with pulltabs - Gonna take these out when I hunt with AirForceMike and whoever gets the best coin gets to wear the tags:lol:
Also a beautiful digger, Mustang 40th anniversary pin and a handful of foreign coins.
Thanks also to Vlad and Carol

Love the Dog Tag with a pulltab!!:lol:

I received my awesome gift from Twistedtig3r today.

(2) battery replacement holders for the AT Pro
Numerous assorted coin flips
1907 IH penny
1943 (D) war nickel
1926 Merc
1926 (s) SLQ

Thanks for the great Christmas gift Dan.

Attachments

• Cgift.jpg
    Cgift.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,941
got my stuff the other day, love it!
Dogtags with pulltabs - gonna take these out when i hunt with airforcemike and whoever gets the best coin gets to wear the tags:lol:
Also a beautiful digger, mustang 40th anniversary pin and a handful of foreign coins.
Thanks also to vlad and carol

hahah love it matt!!

I would like to thank the owners of the forum, and especially the member known as Cat_Fish for making this Christmas a special one for me. I enjoy the really cool finds (pics), the stories, and information that is posted here at FMDF.

Thanks to all of you....and as always....

BEST OF LUCK

Cat_Fish, you sent me some really nice gift's that I will treasure forever. I will add them to my "personal fav's" box....smiles.

Best Wishes, and be safe out there.

Steve L
Victorville, CA
aka...H Desert Digger

Was out of town for New Years but got home last night and TwistedT's gift was waiting for me at the post office... New pair of gloves and a magnifying glass. Perfect gifts. Looking forward to participating next year.

WOW!!! I didn't know about this!!! But BE SURE I WILL NEXT YEAR!!! DAMNED!!!! I really love sending stuff to folks! I look forward to doing it next Christmas! YOu all are so nice and generous to one another its a breath of fresh air. NOW I REMEMBER why this is the only forum I visit!

WOW!!! I didn't know about this!!! But BE SURE I WILL NEXT YEAR!!! DAMNED!!!! I really love sending stuff to folks! I look forward to doing it next Christmas! YOu all are so nice and generous to one another its a breath of fresh air. NOW I REMEMBER why this is the only forum I visit!

If it would make you feel better you can send me some stuff !!:grin:

Have a good one!!
GL and HH !!

Just learned that my package to stewart73 has arrived. Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow! :D

Got my gift from jmr7 I especially love the 3 ringer do not see them in my yard :)

image-2.jpg

I am still waiting on my gift from Ahzee, he should have gotten mine last Thursday or Friday but I have not heard.

I got wilddiggers gift but have not had time to post a picture. Will try and post tomorrow after work. Work has me working like a dog!!!!!

Thank you for the awesome gift wilddigger, I can't wait for you to get mine.

I got wilddiggers gift but have not had time to post a picture. Will try and post tomorrow after work. Work has me working like a dog!!!!!

Thank you for the awesome gift wilddigger, I can't wait for you to get mine.

Glad you got it and like it. Happy hunting.

All I can say is WOW I didn't get to do the exchanges this yr but did last yr lots of FUN! But im amazed at some of the GIFTS as every yr I mean SEATED DIMES I MEAN REALLY LOL. Will be doing the exchange next year tho u can bet on that!!!

Got my gift from Pescadore today,I like it and it will come in handy,also I like my silver piece.I sent a PM to him and he got my gift and loved all those snacks as well;)

Attachments

• photo-240.jpg
    photo-240.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 723
Package From stewart73 Has Arrived. . .

Now I'm awaiting descriptions of the items sent/received. (I do recognize a 1943 Canadian Quarter -- the other coins -- no clue yet!) :D Awesome coins, gloves, a musket ball :?: and a mystery item. :?: Thank you so much Dave! Love the gloves! They fit perfectly! I needed a new pair -- how did you know! :D

UPDATE: Descriptions of the coins and other things.

Round Tile (at top): The round tile is from an old temple in Yamazaki called Tamadeyorimatsurikitarusakatokejinja(!). Incredibly long name but it’s an old mountain shrine built originally in 717 AD and is dedicated to, of all things, a healthy sake (alcohol) harvest each year. It has been rebuilt several times over the centuries and every once in a while they re-tile these old temples and shrines and throw the old tiles down the hill in front of the temple where they become buried. No idea how old it is exactly but you can bet centuries for sure.

FIRST ROW OF COINS: The lighter colored of the two coins with the square holes is called a ‘kanei tsuho’ and was minted during Japan’s Edo period (1603-1867). The other square-holed coin is about 1000 years old. Japan used to import its coinage from China back then so this is from China. The largest coin (in the center) is a 2 sen coin from 1879, a very interesting time in Japan’s history.

SECOND ROW OF COINS: Left: 1943 Silver Canadian Quarter; Right: Silver Japanese coin is a 50 sen coin from 1937.

And last but not least:

Musket Ball The little musket ball is interesting because it was found at the site of an old battle in a place called Yamazaki. The battle was in 1582 and changed the course of Japanese history.

THESE THINGS ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I'M BLOWN AWAY!

P. S. I'm glad you liked what I sent Dave and I'm glad you can use it all! GL & HH in 2014!

Attachments

• 01-06-2014 Christmas Gifts From stewart73 -- Dave.jpg
    01-06-2014 Christmas Gifts From stewart73 -- Dave.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 760
Back
Top Bottom