ACE250 Pin Point feature question

Lexdigger

What does it mean when you hear a strong blip but when you use the pinpoint feature, it either does not register at all, or it gets very faint and will not pinpoint. Then when I pass the MD back over the spot, it still gives a very strong beap? It is very frustrating.....

Are you hitting pinpoint while over the target? If so, what you describe is the normal result. Try moving the detector a foot or two away from the signal, hit pinpoint, then pass the coil over the target.

r u pressing and holding the pinpoint button down?. you have to hold the buton down.

is your sensativity at 10 bars or 8 bars?

i run mine at 2 down from the top.
if i get a weak singnal i can up the sensativaty to re check

Pinpointer

Yeah, I am starting away from the location, and move across and it just does not signal at all with the pinpointer. This does not happen all the time, most times it pinpoints very well, but someitmes even after a really good sound, when I try to pinpoint it either does not pick it up at all, or is very faint.

Are you pushing the pinpoint just once and holding it down ? Sounds like what mine does a lot when I double tap the pinpoint button to retune it and make the target area smaller , sometimes it dont retune it just does what you are describing.

Back
Top Bottom