Fisher F5 Discussion Thread

demyansk1942

Elite Member
I know Digger has done a number with the F2 thread and I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread on the Fisher F5. Please share your results and/or tips on those who use this machine.
Thanks demy

I know Digger has done a number with the F2 thread and I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread on the Fisher F5. Please share your results and/or tips on those who use this machine.
Thanks demy

If someone would send me an F5, be happy to add my opinion.
Shouldn't take long to find enough treasure to pay for my own, then I will send it back.
Really.:D

I seem to get the best results on the following settings:

Beach - Gain 30 / Threshold 2 / Disc 15

Park (coinshooting / trashy) - Gain 85 / Threshold -3 / Disc 60

Park (non-trashy) & open fields - Gain 90 / Threshold -3 / Disc 15

I have the F5 and still learning how to use it so I can't offer up much info or help with it but I have enjoyed it so far. Still getting used to all the bells and whistles on it.

The F5 is working fine and zinc pennies hit at a 60 on my display. Often the copper pennies hit at a 70, dimes like 73 and I think quarters 83. I have the F2 also, and the F5 is mor eprecise with the number identification.

I tend to run my gain around 40-50 and threshold around zero. I have good soil around here and been digging 6-8" w/o headphones.

The F5 is working fine and zinc pennies hit at a 60 on my display. Often the copper pennies hit at a 70, dimes like 73 and I think quarters 83. I have the F2 also, and the F5 is mor eprecise with the number identification.

I tend to run my gain around 40-50 and threshold around zero. I have good soil around here and been digging 6-8" w/o headphones.
At times clad pennies hit at the zinc ID and other times at 70-71 on my F5.Those quarters always hit at 81-83.Solid dime hits are at 70. When it hits clad pennies at 70,I can tell its a penny because the signal isn't as crisp as the dime.Your running your settings at just about what I have them at.Sometimes I will run the gain almost full and the threshold near max.Gotta love Texas red clay !

i am in new york texas and when it hits around a 70 for me it always a pre - 1982 penny. I am going to see what it finds today, prob more clad but that's okay for me, nice and sunny in new york

The first nickle I found today hit solid on 29 (or was it 30?) Either way it was a solid number. Then every time I hit a solid 29-31 it was a tab every time. I even had tabs that rang up as dimes. I did a lot of digging today. :digginahole: I's tard!

I think I'm gonna get little bit bigger shovel. Having to dig a big deep plug is kinda hard work using only a lesche. It's made me lazy to digging only the 3"- surface finds.:D Maybe that's why I haven't found the good stuff yet. LOL!

I seem to get the best results on the following settings:

Beach - Gain 30 / Threshold 2 / Disc 15

Park (coinshooting / trashy) - Gain 85 / Threshold -3 / Disc 60

Park (non-trashy) & open fields - Gain 90 / Threshold -3 / Disc 15

Would these same parameters be applicable to the F70?
I swear i'm the only person on here using one!

interesting, you run that machine hot, i tend to lower the gain and keep the threshold at zero. I don't use headphones but I can hear the whispers fairly well. I do get deep with this machine, it hits quarters well and it all depends on my mood.

interesting, you run that machine hot, i tend to lower the gain and keep the threshold at zero. I don't use headphones but I can hear the whispers fairly well. I do get deep with this machine, it hits quarters well and it all depends on my mood.
See Dem ?, I'm not the only one that runs the F5 hot.:laughing:...I was out today swinging it at full gain and full Thresh,Disc -Iron and foil .It was a quarter and dime magnet today. One hour hunt and I bagged five quarters,three dimes ,a penny,a sweet hot wheels car and a batting cage token.:grin:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom