Sometimes the wrong answers are right

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
When this teacher asked a simple question, she got a wrong answer and that made her furious, especially because the student was confident he was right. When he gave her the last reply, the teacher wasn’t ready for it.

Teacher: “If I gave you two cats and another two cats and then another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven!”

Teacher: “No no, listen carefully… If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven.”

Getting frustrated the teacher rubs her temples, and takes a deep breath.

Teacher: “Come on Johnny, you’re better than this. Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Six.”

Teacher: “Good. Now, if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and then another two, how many would you have?”

Johnny: “Seven!”

Teacher: “Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?!?”

Johnny "Cause I already have a cat"

Reminds me of a question a teacher asked my sons class for extra credit I think in his sophmore year. You have 2 coins that total up to 15 cents and 1 of them is not a nickel. What are the coins? The age old trick question, only 1 is not a nickel but the other is so you have a dime and a nickel. My son being the proverbial smart$$$ he his, answered dime and half dime. Immediately the teacher stated he was wrong. This started the debate or whether or not there was such thing as a half dime. He knew well there was one since he saw the one and only I found just a few weeks before. After some persistence he finaly got his teacher to Google it. Got his extra credit point. :D

Back
Top Bottom