Equinox causing fbs to go up for sale?

IMO NOTHING outperforms an FBS machine at a polluted park looking for 6-10" coins. I would use what works best for you, at the sites you hunt. General consensus is (and always has been) FBS and FBS 2 is still probably the best choice for deep coinshooting in trashy park type scenarios. Now is the time to buy! People are offloading FBS for the equinox at crazy cheap prices! I do think they will regret selling the FBS in the latter though :yes:

I hope this isn't offending..."Have you actually detected with an Equinox in your "drained-out", left alone, trashy parks yet?" I will not sell off my Etrac and Explorer, BUT, in my experience so far, the Equinox rocks at 6-10 inch, missed targets, where I have hit hard with the FBS.

I simply can not see FBS separating near as well on 6-10" targets, in trashy, spots, like the Equinox does, AND FAST!

FBS, especially my Explorer SE, will always be in my house, ready to go on those less trashy, less hunted areas. Nothing(hardly) beats it for depth and that warble tone it is known for, except in real trash and separation.

Each have a special purpose, and I am happy to own each. I do use the Nox exclusively these days. My hunt spots have been left alone by others, but the Equinox finds me stuff we all missed :grin:

I hope this isn't offending..."Have you actually detected with an Equinox in your "drained-out", left alone, trashy parks yet?" I will not sell off my Etrac and Explorer, BUT, in my experience so far, the Equinox rocks at 6-10 inch, missed targets, where I have hit hard with the FBS.

I simply can not see FBS separating near as well on 6-10" targets, in trashy, spots, like the Equinox does, AND FAST!

FBS, especially my Explorer SE, will always be in my house, ready to go on those less trashy, less hunted areas. Nothing(hardly) beats it for depth and that warble tone it is known for, except in real trash and separation.

Each have a special purpose, and I am happy to own each. I do use the Nox exclusively these days. My hunt spots have been left alone by others, but the Equinox finds me stuff we all missed :grin:

No offense taken at all. I took the nox to spots I have drained and only found items I CHOSE not to dig with my FBS machines, and for good reason, 95% of it was trash. Maybe its just my soil, but the equinox did little to nothing for me in my sites. One in particular, I had beat to death with all my FBS machines. I Stopped going there completely (only a small baseball field). Then I brought the CTX there for the first time. Pulled 2 mercs and a walker half with over a dozen nails in the same hole. Forum member ffgrizzly was with me to witness it all as well. Then the targets ceased to appear again. This was THE spot to bring the nox for its maiden run. I brought the equinox there and in over 20 hours (3-4 hunts) only managed a single wheat and some clad. Another 20-30 hours of use was enough to convince me that the equinox was just not the type of technology for me or my sites. Its not that I didn't like the machine, it was so fun to use and the weight and wireless capabilities were awesome, but it just didn't pump out old deep coins on a consistent basis like the alot of the FBS machines I had used previously. To each his own, but that's my experience...

+1

I like the Nox but my 3030 isn't going anywhere.

FBS + Nox is a great combo IMHO. Good time to grab one for sure.

As he said. Love my Nox, but my 3030 isn't going anywhere soon. Each machine have their place. As suggested, with the lower prices on FBS machines, now is a pretty good time to pick on up.

I had one of the first equinox out,a 600..Didn’t like it,sent it off..Bought another after the update,and it performs great.I think it’s a well rounded machine.
FBS are Luxory machines where coins are concerned.Just feel like a quality machine,look like a quality machine and sounds are like no other in my book.From the xs to the Etrac they’re just coin killers,you’ll dig very little to no junk if your primary goal is coins..Not really fair to put any machine against a FBS,they’ll all fall short.

Explorers, E Tracs, and the Safari Quadratrac series can still find good targets, but for all practicle purposes they are outdated.....heavy......slow detectors that have seen their day. The CTX has a few options that are nice, but for the price? I'll take an Equinox for hunting every time. The Equinox has made the Minelab lineup obsolete. Multiple coils for the 705 to change frequencies? Why bother? If Minelab would expand the VDI range and include target trace they could easily stop selling all other detectors that are not PI.

Back
Top Bottom