1st Chain with the Nox is Massive.

Compass

Forum Supporter
Unfortunately, it is a greasy bicycle chain. What it was doing down in the wet sand is anybody's guess but it was good to get it off the beach. As others have noted, the storm that went through here on Thursday move a lot of sand but there weren't as many targets as I would have expected.
picture.php

I still wound up finding a decent amount including a nice little 14K gold St. Michael medallion but only after 8 tough hours of walking and digging.
picture.php

I actually found the gold with the Dual Field at beach #2 before switching to the Nox at the 3rd beach. Probably should have stayed with the Dual Field because a lot of black sand was giving the Nox a hard time.
Nice to see gold again after a month of very little hunting. Another storm coming later this week so maybe conditions are improving! :yes: GL&HH!

Great finds! I am still searching for a gold pendant! Part of me wonders if I failed to find any gold the other night because of all the black sand. I will always bring a test ring from now on.

That's a catchy title!! Got me!...Like the gold pendent!!

Got the Gold! Nice hunting and targets there... How in the heck does a guy lose a complete chain thats not broken?...May your next one be Gold!

My very first find with the equinox was a super small gold chain... then another. Then a gold ring. All on the same hunt. I thought amazing things about the machine. Then I hit a dry spell. Basically if it's there you'll get it. Don't discriminate those scratchy 1_2's is all I can say

:dingding: Congrats on the gold but you don't need a 'Nox to find that chain! :lol:

Great finds! I am still searching for a gold pendant! Part of me wonders if I failed to find any gold the other night because of all the black sand. I will always bring a test ring from now on.
Thanks Nick, Black sand can really rob a detector of its depth. :yes:

That's a catchy title!! Got me!...Like the gold pendent!!
Thank you OBN, One day I will find a real chain with the Nox! :lol:

Got the Gold! Nice hunting and targets there... How in the heck does a guy lose a complete chain thats not broken?...May your next one be Gold!
Thanks Mud, It was so dark I didn't realize how greasy the chain was and almost put it around my neck so I wouldn't fill up my finds pouch with it. Sure glad I didn't! :D

Ahhh, the gold.:cool:
Thanks MA, I've been fooled so many times at night before so it WAS cool to see the yellow metal in the light! :yes:

My very first find with the equinox was a super small gold chain... then another. Then a gold ring. All on the same hunt. I thought amazing things about the machine. Then I hit a dry spell. Basically if it's there you'll get it. Don't discriminate those scratchy 1_2's is all I can say
Thanks LT, I remember that post. :yes: I was also with Romy when he found a nice gold chain with the Nox so I know it's just a matter of time before I find one. Maybe only have to dig about another 10,000 targets or so. :roll:

Nice catch on the pendant! And good luck with the beach opening up.
Thanks FA, Thursday's surf doesn't great but the tides look good! :yes:

Good post George, ya had us fooled, nice trinket, gold is gold, good job bro., Earl
Sorry Earl, I couldn't resist but I sure wanted to toss that d@mn chain in the trash can instead of carrying it around with me but I needed the picture. :lol:

:dingding: Congrats on the gold but you don't need a 'Nox to find that chain! :lol:
Thanks Felix and the chain "fits"! ;)

Hey George,

Hope all is well my friend !! Glad to see you got out after last weeks storm. For me, I have not hit the wet sand for almost 3 months....just a lot going on in my life right now. Congrats on the gold :D:D

More proof that the Nox finds chains!

:D

R5

Congrats on the finds!
Tell me....how do you go for 8 hours?
I went today for 3.5 hours/4.2 miles walked and I'm burnt.
The only way I can go longer is if I get an *energy boost* from finding gold.
:lol:

Hey George,

Hope all is well my friend !! Glad to see you got out after last weeks storm. For me, I have not hit the wet sand for almost 3 months....just a lot going on in my life right now. Congrats on the gold :D:D
Thanks Jeff, I hope things are okay with you. You aren't missing all that much I don't think- haven't seen many great posts for our area. :no:

Id say you got a lot of targets there. Certainly a nice hunt for sure. Congrats on the gold too.
Thanks Salt, Hard to complain when I find gold and silver but I always want to find that special target that pays for many more hunts! :yes:

Your Tagline says it All :laughing:

Love the Chain Compass !!
Thanks SoOregonMd, I don't remember what it rang up as but I don't think it was 1-2. ;)

More proof that the Nox finds chains!

:D

R5
Someday I'll find a gold chain with the Nox but I hope I don't miss a lot of gold rings in the process. :roll:

Congrats on the finds!
Tell me....how do you go for 8 hours?
I went today for 3.5 hours/4.2 miles walked and I'm burnt.
The only way I can go longer is if I get an *energy boost* from finding gold.
:lol:
Same here Walrus- treasure is a powerful motivator for me! :yes:

Compass Clean that chain and hang it around your neck. If anyone ask why, tell them you are a biker. Nice gold find as well.
Thanks Dog but my posture is bad enough as it is! :lol:

congrats on the 14 k medallion :D
Thank you brncofan!

Back
Top Bottom