Bell Tone In Waist deep water??

deedee7

Elite Member
So guys,I need your expertise advice,,I'm in waist deep water,I get a signal scoop,scoop,scoop,scoop,then I get a bell tone.Ive known to be told bell tones are big items,so do I snorkel down and try to fan it out or use my mini scooper,just the taught of having to leave makes me wonder if I left something good.One time I had bell tone it was a duracell battery:laughing:And on another time in dry sand I had a bell tone it was that heavy necklace:shock:
I'ts hard to retrieve the item b/c of the sand keep sinking everytime I scoop,and also how to discriminate our island rocks,makes you go bonkers:laughing::laughing:,,HH Thank You all for all your inputs,I really take it to Heart,that's how I learn from you guys:detector::digginahole::friends::wine2:

I've always been the curious type.... and stubborn too on some signals.... I've had Bell Tones (on the CZ) or Overloads (on the Excal) on hotwheel cars, a dive knife, beer cans, sunglasses and anchors.... I've got 5 jet ski ancors this year alone, two broken and three all in one piece.... Sometimes I'll just feel around with foot to get an idea what the target is, other times I have gone under to find out what it is.

Your call on what to do, just be careful and don't get stuck on something and you can't get back up for air!

Cliff

I always put forth the effort to investigate bell tones on the CZ. Like Cliff said, they could be anything. Recently I was getting bell tones on fresh drop surface quarters. Another one was a trashed stainless steel Timex watch. The next one could be the Rolex :grin:

I've always been the curious type.... and stubborn too on some signals.... I've had Bell Tones (on the CZ) or Overloads (on the Excal) on hotwheel cars, a dive knife, beer cans, sunglasses and anchors.... I've got 5 jet ski ancors this year alone, two broken and three all in one piece.... Sometimes I'll just feel around with foot to get an idea what the target is, other times I have gone under to find out what it is.

Your call on what to do, just be careful and don't get stuck on something and you can't get back up for air!

Cliff
Thanks Cliff:detector::agreed:

I always put forth the effort to investigate bell tones on the CZ. Like Cliff said, they could be anything. Recently I was getting bell tones on fresh drop surface quarters. Another one was a trashed stainless steel Timex watch. The next one could be the Rolex :grin:
Thank You,canSlaw,I will go back & try to locate that item,,HH:detector::cheer:

Lets see. Bell tones = anchors, huge rings, watches, Zippo lighters, guns, knives. bombs and other assorted treasures.

Also, 55 gallon drums, cans, sheet metal, UBO's (unidentifiable burried objects) chains, and other uninteresting things.

I dive so I always dig them.

I dig most bell tones , my 8 in cz20 bells on surface quarters and some large rings . You can lift your coil up a few inches and swing over target again to get a id of target . Auto tune or pinpoint helps get an idea of the target shape also.

Also turn disc to 0 and check for falsing if you hear iron tones while lightly tapping coil to sand your running to hot . Sure you can set disc to silence the iron tones but your risking those false signals masking a good target . I tweak my detectors sensitivity and ground balance just under the point where it falses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

There are a few targets at my beaches, that give a huge tone, and are always there. I've tried to dig them up but after like 2 feet I give up. Probably a beach chair...

When your in the water what kind of unit do you use,?? I'm wanting to use some water hunting, I can't a lot of walking , but can swim

Back
Top Bottom