Vibrio Vulnificus Strikes Again

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
If you remember, Surf Master posted a report about this bacteria on a different person. This man was pinched Saturday while preparing crabs for cooking. He is the 27th person to be affected. I think most have died. Now he is in critical condition with all the skin on his arm removed while they try to stop the bacteria from eating all his skin. This is north Florida at the Georgia border.

I was going to put my crab pot on the dock where I live this weekend. Really, I was. We have blue crabs and stone crabs here and they are very tasty and a chicken back and a few hours in the water will bring up a nice basket to cook. I think I will pass and just eat something else. :(

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...rio-vulnificus-lands-florida-man-hospital.htm

If you remember, Surf Master posted a report about this bacteria on a different person. This man was pinched Saturday while preparing crabs for cooking. He is the 27th person to be affected. I think most have died. Now he is in critical condition with all the skin on his arm removed while they try to stop the bacteria from eating all his skin. This is north Florida at the Georgia border.

I was going to put my crab pot on the dock where I live this weekend. Really, I was. We have blue crabs and stone crabs here and they are very tasty and a chicken back and a few hours in the water will bring up a nice basket to cook. I think I will pass and just eat something else. :(

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...rio-vulnificus-lands-florida-man-hospital.htm

"The bacterium causes abdominal pain and diarrhea in health people, but individuals with comprised immune systems or people with liver disease can experience a critical blood infection that is fatal 50 percent of the time. "

Wear gloves, thick ones and cook them well done. Cannot forget, Mad Cow Disease, E Coli in beef and etc....the brain eating amoeba that resides in fresh water can effect you young or old.

Back
Top Bottom