what u do with ur bent coins

skeeterbait

Elite Member
does anyone collect em ill ship em if they wnt top pay for shipping

Attachments

• 20130612_211557-1.jpg
    20130612_211557-1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,351
Just throw them in a container with the rest of my interesting junk. Not going to worry about some junk clad. Still legal tender. Flatten it with a hammer.

Yes, my one and only Fugio. It's the pinnacle of my collection IMHO. It doesn't matter to me if it's bent and worn, it's my favorite.:D

Could you imagine a gold coin bent like that? Want to see that! A steel mower blade would slice right through one though, wouldn't it?

If possible to straighten out, I put them in a vice and tighten it to flatten them out. Works well on quarters that have been bent by a lawnmower.

Spend them! If a paper dollar has a crease or is torn in half and taped up, it still spends...

In Salem's case, I would cherish them, cuddle them, and call them George!!

<*)))>{

Spend them! If a paper dollar has a crease or is torn in half and taped up, it still spends...

In Salem's case, I would cherish them, cuddle them, and call them George!!

<*)))>{

Smash em with a hammer and spend them is what I do.
Except for this one.
Someone managed to fold a dime in 1/2...and then managed to do it again!
I will just keep it just the way it is.
I have no idea how to unfold it, anyway.

Attachments

• P1030981.jpg
    P1030981.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 580
I hear if you have enough recognizable damaged coins you can turn them in and get replacements. They are currency.
Savin mine in a can.

I wish, maybe tomorrow I'll get a chain cent but that one is a Fugio copper.

Oh ok. Still very nice find though. I would love to find a coin like that. Me moving east is going to be solely motivated only by my hobby. HA!

Do you have a picture of the front anywhere here?

Oh ok. Still very nice find though. I would love to find a coin like that. Me moving east is going to be solely motivated only by my hobby. HA!

Do you have a picture of the front anywhere here?

I'm not sure if I have a pic of the front. I'll check after work. It's pretty toasted, not much recognizable. If I don't have one I'll take one and post it.

So far just save em' Got a few old wheats with .22 holes shot through em' also. So far haven't sold or cashed in anything, Nice to think that the shot old coins could of possibly been grandpa or elderly uncle shot them on a slow hunting day! They all got a story behind em' that's the fun for me, wondering what that history may be.

Back
Top Bottom