This summer is really shaping up to be a POS

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Yeah,this sucks. Tomorrow,we may break a record for it being the hottest on record for 6-16. That’s after we broke a record for latest snowfall,heaviest latest snowfall,longest stretch of weather below a certain temp(this last winter/spring) and a couple other dubious honors. The pools are now all open which brings throngs of kids and shoots my park hunting,while the school baseball fields are now ALL having games morning noon and night 24/7. There must be some kind of “get your kid outside” campaign,cuz I ain’t never seen nothing like it. And they’re all very serious about it with their uniforms and gloves and what not...every time I hear those aluminum bats I think some kid is whacking rocks at my car. Yeah,I said “whacking rocks”. That’s what I might be doing tomorrow if some other site doesn’t come to mind that isn’t crowded like an anthill and a billion degrees...

Sounds like you need to get into the either the water or the woods somewhere!
Good luck

I hadn’t even thought of the water,that’s not bad! Hmmmmm.....
Have you had a lot of success on the beach or in the shallow? I’m about useless when it comes to talking about water hunting,among other things..;)
Hows your bean field coming? I assume it’s all planted and done till fall?

I don't really like water hunting, but when its hitting 95 degrees, I'm in.
I do best in wet sand, or shallow water.
Bean fields are all planted:no:

Kevin your not going to melt and yes I know the weather has not been the most cooperative, but you got to make some adjustments. Have you tried the door knocking yet. It has given me two trifecta's this week plus. The evening hunting has been good but you really got to spray down for those bothersome biters. I got to shock my well tonite, but maybe we can meet up and do a couple permissions tomorrow. Trapper

The pools are now all open which brings throngs of kids and shoots my park hunting,while the school baseball fields are now ALL having games morning noon and night 24/7. There must be some kind of “get your kid outside” campaign,cuz I ain’t never seen nothing like it. And they’re all very serious about it with their uniforms and gloves and what not

I hear ya man. Last week I was at some soccer fields. Nobody there for a while, but then they started rolling in by droves. Then, yesterday, I went to a park that seemed good...only 2 vehicles. As soon as I turn on my machine, here come the droves...uniforms, and bags of equipment, and all. Hundreds!
ANyway, just quit whinin' and pick another spot!;)

Sounds like you are turning into a grumpy old man 😎.

What's wrong with that? Clouds need a good yelling now and then, same as everything else :laughing:

iu

105* heat index here today. I'll be in the air conditioning for the day after late morning.

I hear you IDX! Man, I went out this am early, and it was already Hot and steamy! I punched a few totters and then even found the local stadium gates unlocked, but turned around and didnt even go in! Too danged Hot for Me to hunt for clad in an open stadium on a Sunday morning? I said to myself.., "Dahellwiddit', beer sales commence at 7am, so I'll just drive around for a little looking for empties and run out the clock!"...Its not even July?

I bet it was 75 degrees this morning! Felt like 80 though! :laughing:

Last edited:
Definitely sux, but personally I'm glad it's this weekend. My Social Director has me completely booked this weekend. She has planned 3 different meal activities with guest and a wake for someone neither of us know.

I was out yesterday for about 6 hours....it was warm, but not all that bad...78 degrees near Twin Lakes....

Once I got home though, it was MISERABLE....hot and muggy...87 degrees, but felt like 110

Too hot

Heat Index over 100 degrees here in Timberlake, NC. Never seen anything like this in June. Humidity is sky high. Going to do some magnet fishing late today. At least I can cool off in the water.

We have Asian mosquitos

You almost have to bath in deet. Can’t stand the mfrs

Yup, heat and bugs here too. I like the idea of the activity and hope they all drop lots of coins and other things. I hunt early in the morning to beat the heat as I'm retired and can get out early. I need rain as the ground here is very dry. Stay cool and HH.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

Its the opposite for me.. I don't usually hunt parks very often but thats my only option right now. All of my other sites are overgrown with brush. Dealing with the heat and bugs tends to make me cut my hunts short, so I haven't been doing much detecting at all lately. Come on Fall!

Back
Top Bottom