• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

*NEW* Forum Member Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added myself in Littleton, NH. Pretty lonely in this neck of the woods [emoji3]

Sounds like my kind of place.

My last name is Littleton. But I’m from NC, currently live in Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dropped a pin n Oxford, OH. But why don't I see any other pins? I must be doing something wrong.

Same here... I see one pin.

I think a map is a good idea but they come and go like I change my underwear... then we have to start all over again.

Ill wait and if the MODS embed one on this site I will add my location.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tEqXo_gyXeH1yBjbORKZG8qJnow&usp=sharing

Above is the link to the new Friendly Metal Detectorist Map. The goal of the map is to make it easier for detectorists to find people near them for hunting buddy/group hunt purposes.

If you'd like your location pinned follow these steps:
1: Click on link above.
2: Find your location by scrolling around the map or searching for it by coordinates/zipcode/city name/state/etc.
2rhb9xc.png

3: Click the add marker button below the search bar and drop your pin down. From there you can customize your pin color and put your handle/name on your pin if you'd like

Map Moderators:
ZeroSum (James) - [email protected]
AirmetTango (Ben) - bmotisher@gmail(dot)com
Swoop109 (John) - [email protected]

If anyone has any questions or concerns please let us know and we will respond to them as soon possible.

James/ZeroSum

This MAP is not a Forum sponsored item.

See the post I quoted above and try contacting one of those members.

To be honest, I'm not sure what is going on with the map. It used to be that you couldn't add your own pins to the map - you needed to contact either ZeroSum, Swoop109, or myself to get added to the map.

At some point over the last couple months, that seems to have changed and everyone is placing their own pins. I'm not sure why that happened - perhaps ZeroSum (the original creator of the map) decided to do that to make things easier? Or maybe Google My Maps changed somehow and anyone can edit the maps if it's publicly accessible - I really don't know. Regardless, now it seems all of the pins have gotten erased except for the most recent ones - again, that shouldn't have been possible except by the three of us who had editing privileges. I'll look around and see what settings I still have access to and what may have changed. But it would seem that the map would need to get reconstructed from scratch.

To be honest, I'm not sure what is going on with the map. It used to be that you couldn't add your own pins to the map - you needed to contact either ZeroSum, Swoop109, or myself to get added to the map.

At some point over the last couple months, that seems to have changed and everyone is placing their own pins. I'm not sure why that happened - perhaps ZeroSum (the original creator of the map) decided to do that to make things easier? Or maybe Google My Maps changed somehow and anyone can edit the maps if it's publicly accessible - I really don't know. Regardless, now it seems all of the pins have gotten erased except for the most recent ones - again, that shouldn't have been possible except by the three of us who had editing privileges. I'll look around and see what settings I still have access to and what may have changed. But it would seem that the map would need to get reconstructed from scratch.

Thanks Ben!

Thanks Ben!

No problem, Ron!

I've sent an email out to ZeroSum to get his thoughts. Since he's the original creator of the map, I'm thinking he might have more access to various settings that I don't have. I've only ever had the ability to edit the map - which apparently anyone can do now. I visited the map with one of my other gmail accounts, and I can add/delete any entries on the map with that account, too. :?:

I'm hoping beyond hope that he'll be able to recover the lost data somehow - but I'm thinking the previous map points are probably gone for good. We'll see what ZeroSum says, but we might be starting over with the map. I'd be willing to do that, but only if the data can be protected and only edited by a couple folks like before. I guess the plus side is, the reconstructed map would only be populated with current, active users... :roll:

I see ZeroSum hasn't been on the forum in almost 2 months.

Yep, and he hasn't responded to my email from a week ago. I'll give it until this weekend, then I might just go ahead and start over...whole new map, because that'll be the only way I can control the overall settings.

Yep, and he hasn't responded to my email from a week ago. I'll give it until this weekend, then I might just go ahead and start over...whole new map, because that'll be the only way I can control the overall settings.

Good idea, because right now it looks like anyone can edit or even delete anyone else's data.

Interested to see how this works out. I made a bunch of Google Maps of college campuses back when I was a student/worker there. Not a ton of experience, but would help if I can. Just FYI, the permissions are messed up, it's cool that people can add their own stuff but open documents don't last long online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom