2nd silver coin! First Barber!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Went to a park tonight that had been hit pretty hard and pretty recently too. There were plugs all over the place and tons of trash signlas. We decided to go to an area of the park that doesn't look like anyone ever goes but we decided it was better than digging up someone else's plugs lol. Had a solid dime signal but it was one number higher and didn't jump at all figured it was either a silver ring or a shallow dime. About 3 inches deep I see a dime but it didn't look like a rosie. Got home and cleaned it up a little and saw the date of 1906 and the liberty head! Definitely one of my favorite finds for the year! Its pretty beat up but I'm afraid to clean it anymore lol!

Attachments

• 20190516_211824.jpg
    20190516_211824.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20190516_211755.jpg
    20190516_211755.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Great find!!! Its not easy to find Barbers. I can't suggest you do this, but I'd be shining that baby up with some baking soda paste!

Great find!!! Its not easy to find Barbers. I can't suggest you do this, but I'd be shining that baby up with some baking soda paste!

Thanks!! Still can't believe I found it! I was feeling pretty defeated when I saw how many plugs were already dug... just goes to show haha think outaide of the grid.... LOL

Very nice. I need to find one now.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Barber dime and you second silver coin. Keep at it. Don't be let old plugs dissuade you, they can't find it all. I know a guy who pulled at least 13 silvers out of a park where we were tripping over other peoples plugs. Good luck Mark

Congrats on the Barber dime and you second silver coin. Keep at it. Don't be let old plugs dissuade you, they can't find it all. I know a guy who pulled at least 13 silvers out of a park where we were tripping over other peoples plugs. Good luck Mark

Thanks! I was Definitely discouraged but this more than made up for it there were tons of plugs so we just went off the beaten trail lol. Worked out pretty well!

Congrats on your second Silver Coin and your first Barber. Go ahead and try the baking soda paste procedure on that coin you may be surprise on how much more is revealed. Trapper

Congrats on your second Silver Coin and your first Barber. Go ahead and try the baking soda paste procedure on that coin you may be surprise on how much more is revealed. Trapper

Thanks! I'm looking up the baking soda paste as we speak. Do you think it'll bring back the silver shine?

Back
Top Bottom