Less than 2 months till the Fort Donelson Relic Hunt!

fortdonelsonrelics

Hi Everyone,

Well we are down to less than 2 months until the hunt in November and John & I have been hustling to get everything in order to make it the best hunt yet. We have several new sponsors this year stepping up to donate prizes to giveaway so we can promise that the prizes will be great. The two top prizes that we have are a Springfield 1862 .58 cal. musket with ramrod which is a beaut and the other is an 1850 Import Foot Officers Sword. In the past we have either given away a sword or a gun, never both, so we decided in order to make the hunt even better than ever, we would giveaway both!

We currently have 73 slots open. Early registration ends on Wednesday September 30th, so in order to qualify for the early fee of 115.00, you must have your envelope post marked no later than the 30th. After that, the fee goes up to 150.00. Don't wait too long to register, as we have surpassed the 175 mark for the last 2 years. We have acquired approximately 2000 dropped bullets from Shiloh, all different calibers including Joselyn carbines, .69 Minnies, Sharps and Enfields. These bullets retail for a starting price of $5 so there are some good finds to be had out in the fields this year, not to mention all of the other drops we have bought as well. We have lots of coins again along with the disarmed artillery shells, spurs, buttons, breastplates and US box/belt plates and camp items.

We will be having our free dinner again Friday night and have hired a group of folks to help us handle serving and helping the crowd. This is always a great time to get together with other relic hunters and swap stories and tricks of the trade. I will be having shirts made again this year and I have orderd plenty of 2XL's for the folks that would like them. I'll try to make sure we don't run out again this year on those. If anyone is needing a 3XL, please let me know via email so that I can order some as well.

Thank you to everyone who has signed up thus far and in the past and we promise that we will make this hunt one of the best ones yet. Please email me or call with any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Nikki Walsh

Attachments

• Newspaper 2007.jpg
    Newspaper 2007.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 182
  • PaperHunt1.jpg
    PaperHunt1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 178
  • PaperHunt3.jpg
    PaperHunt3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 174
Back