Treasure Commander TC1X.

SteveCal

Has anyone actually tested/used the TC1X. What I'm looking for is a report on actual results. Thank you.

I've already read all the negative posts from those who haven't even seen one.

Has anyone actually tested/used the TC1X. What I'm looking for is a report on actual results. Thank you.

The TC1X and TC2X are entry level detectors and compete very well with the others in that price range. The big advantage of the TC1X and TC2X over other detectors in that price range is they both have Ground Balancing. The ergonomics of these machines are really awesome and the back lit, tilt screen is a great idea that I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't caught on to yet. On field tests here in Florida where we're located this is how they performed.

TC1X field test results:
Hit a quarter target at a depth of 11 inches (flat). Also hit a nickel target at over 10 inches deep, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches as well.
TC2X field test results:
Hit a quarter target at a depth of 11 inches (flat). Also hit a nickel target at over 10 inches deep, and a silver ring at 10.5 inches as well.

If you guys have any more questions you can give me a shout directly or shoot me an email, thanks!

Gene Knight
Director of International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

What company in which former com-bloc country produces them Gene? And why aren't they on your compare page?

What company in which former com-bloc country produces them Gene? And why aren't they on your compare page?

They 'are' on the compare page. I accidentally found out over a week ago I was getting a Si Robertson metal detector as a surprise gift. I've been comparing the TC1x to the Ace 350 for a week because the neighbor has a 350 (among others) and comparing they seem to be about the same.

My TC1x came in today. Neighbor came over to help me learn how to use a metal detector. We went over to his mine field (buried coin and metal object garden) and he said the TC1X performed as well as his 350 and better on a few coins. I need to get more experience with it to find treasures like he does.

I think even without the tutor it would have been easy learn the basics because of the user manual and the instrument panel.

And. Who cares where it was manufactured/assembled? 90% of things people buy is from overseas. Like the excellent tires I just bought for my motorcoach, with an established American brand name on them. But that has nothing to do with the products performance.

We're off the the local swimming holes and creek banks in the morning.

Hey Longhair, the company behind the Treasure Commander is WGI Innovations out of Grand Prairie TX.. They are designed here by US engineers and built in China. The click to compare feature on our website is on the page in the upper right hand corner. Follow the link below and feel free to contact me directly if you have any more questions.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/compare/?a=193

Gene Knight
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

They 'are' on the compare page. I accidentally found out over a week ago I was getting a Si Robertson metal detector as a surprise gift. I've been comparing the TC1x to the Ace 350 for a week because the neighbor has a 350 (among others) and comparing they seem to be about the same.

My TC1x came in today. Neighbor came over to help me learn how to use a metal detector. We went over to his mine field (buried coin and metal object garden) and he said the TC1X performed as well as his 350 and better on a few coins. I need to get more experience with it to find treasures like he does.

I think even without the tutor it would have been easy learn the basics because of the user manual and the instrument panel.

And. Who cares where it was manufactured/assembled? 90% of things people buy is from overseas. Like the excellent tires I just bought for my motorcoach, with an established American brand name on them. But that has nothing to do with the products performance.

We're off the the local swimming holes and creek banks in the morning.

Glad to hear your happy Steve. Contact me directly if you have any questions or if your in need of anything MD related!

Gene Knight
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

Doesnt that just hack you off - So called expert opinions from people who have never used the item they rubbish -

I know there's a name for people like that, but can t remember what it is ........

I also look forward to hear from someone using one;)

The TC1X and TC2X are entry level detectors and compete very well with the others in that price range. The big advantage of the TC1X and TC2X over other detectors in that price range is they both have Ground Balancing. The ergonomics of these machines are really awesome and the back lit, tilt screen is a great idea that I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't caught on to yet. On field tests here in Florida where we're located this is how they performed.

TC1X field test results:
TC2X field test results:

If you guys have any more questions you can give me a shout directly or shoot me an email, thanks!

Gene Knight
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]

Hello Mr Knight,

Thank you for your informative post regarding the TC1X & the TC2X -

Now sir would it be at all possible for you to send one of these fantastic units to New Zealand so that we in the "down under world" can test it in our enviroment. I trust you will be more than happy to furnish one at no cost and we really appreciate that so let me save you guys some money on shipping - We Kiwi's are in the process of uplifting your America's Cup, so perhaps I could arrange combined shipping :laughing:

As always I fully respect our US cousins when it comes to all things regarding metal detecting;)

Again thanks for letting us know about these exciting units

Hello Mr Knight,

Thank you for your informative post regarding the TC1X & the TC2X -

Now sir would it be at all possible for you to send one of these fantastic units to New Zealand so that we in the "down under world" can test it in our enviroment. I trust you will be more than happy to furnish one at no cost and we really appreciate that so let me save you guys some money on shipping - We Kiwi's are in the process of uplifting your America's Cup, so perhaps I could arrange combined shipping :laughing:

As always I fully respect our US cousins when it comes to all things regarding metal detecting;)

Again thanks for letting us know about these exciting units

Hello Sycotoad!

NZ is definitely on my "bucket list" as a place I will visit, maybe this is my opportunity!:yes: Please email me directly at [email protected] and we can discuss the possibility of this a little further.

Gene Knight
Kellyco Metal Detectors

You would think a God fearing patriotic American such as Si would require something with his name on it to be made in the good old USA.

I was reading about the ergonomics earlier in this thread, and it got me thinking, does anyone know of any MD that has a swivel or rotating control box/unit on them?

Just curious....might not be as nifty and I think it would be...??

Probably too much trouble for manufactures

HDD

I just bought the equivalant of the tc3x mines the ground efx mx300 and i hope its as good as it looks

Not to split hairs but that is quite different.

Toyota Tundra
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Toyota Tundra is a full-size pickup truck manufactured in the US by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota since May 1999. The Tundra was not only the first full-size pickup to be built by a Japanese manufacturer, but was also nominated for the North American Truck of the Year award and was Motor Trend magazine's Truck of the Year in 2000 and 2008. Currently the Tundra is assembled in San Antonio, Texas, USA where production was consolidated in 2008, and the only full-size pickup truck manufactured in Texas, where trucks serve many purposes and have become an integral part of the state's culture.

I bought the treasure commander from Kelly co two weeks ago. I got may bee 8 hrs in the field with it, it works ' found some coins and a very old silver spoon in the ground and many different other items but has down falls. Mainly its always hitting signals constantly beeping, I used ground balance and even set the sensetivety all the way down and still beeps too much. And in coin mode still picks up iron. I found that you must scan it in general motion, smoothly in order to reduce exsessive beeping but its nice looking and the pinpoint works very nice.

:laughing: I just luuuvvv reviews from those experts as well :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom