NOX Depth Can Damage Utility Lines!!

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
I have already chased a couple of targets deeper than 14". One was a metal line of some kind and the other was an electrical line of some kind. I did not hurt either one and quickly covered them back up.

I also found a screw cap at 3 to 4 inches deeper than my minlab pro pointer.

Just saying be careful of utility lines! This has not been an issue with me till i had this NOX.

I have already chased a couple of targets deeper than 14". One was a metal line of some kind and the other was an electrical line of some kind. I did not hurt either one and quickly covered them back up.

I also found a screw cap at 3 to 4 inches deeper than my minlab pro pointer.

Just saying be careful of utility lines! This has not been an issue with me till i had this NOX.

Nox sounds very electrifying. Lol

Yep approach house to hunt.
First does it have current?
If so.
Any well houses?
Swimming pools
Any external lighting away from house.
Detached garage.
Water meter location?
Any external tv satellite dishes.
Any gas tanks?
How do external buildings to house get their power, barns too.

Be Leary digging real deep along roadside (right a ways.) where underground cabling, water lines may exist.
Gotta study and be thinking.
To be safe.

this reminds me of a time when I was hunting an old lot. Got a sweet high tone and 4 in down there was a power line. I didn't tear through it although I could have but when I saw it i quickly replaced the plug and ever since then I always stop digging as soon as I hit something in a place I don't know just to inspect the target

As an ex electrician (30yr), why are you NOT getting signals that are longer (as in a line) than just a pin printable signal ? If it's readable in one location it should be a longer rather than a spot signal. ??? FYI electrical lines are typically 18" + /- around houses.

As an ex electrician (30yr), why are you NOT getting signals that are longer (as in a line) than just a pin printable signal ? If it's readable in one location it should be a longer rather than a spot signal. ??? FYI electrical lines are typically 18" + /- around houses.

Cable and phone lines in Florida are buried with a small flat blade to the house. Sometimes an inch deep. They just split the sod and poke it in.

You know it’s just a matter of time before this happens to someone who is detecting. I think you can’t be too careful but it’s a reality most don’t like to think about. I know when I hunt sports fields near the scoreboard or box I scan for linear targets as mentioned. Though once I get to a certain depth I tend to give up thinking about the potential hazards of going deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom