• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone else tired of the equinox buzz?!

Just had to ask! There is so much speculation and banter about this unit. I wish it would just come out so the threads switch to actual info. I’m tired of hearing about it and what it’s “gonna” be. :lol:

Its sort of hilariously fun though...entertaining...reading the speculative posts...sort of like a retirement fund prospectus...or your SS disbursement estimate statement telling you what you can 'expect' to get..:laughing: interesting, wishful thinking, but mainly overhyped fiction..

I do value Herschbach's input though..seeings how he has years behind various coils and has actually used the OX...

Last edited:
I only wish i had more money to invest in used units, picked up a backup V3i with wireless headphones two months old for 750 , there is a like new ctx 3030 for around 1200 for sale. If there are detectorists out there that ever thought about trying a high end machine YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME to pick one or two or three very cheap! Not long after the Equinox hits the market i think the cheap deals end. I have personally not seen a video or anything for that matter that the Equinox can do something that the detectors i have cannot do.

Now keep in mind that i do not hunt Salt Water Beaches, or heavily mineralized ground. It is going to be waterproof , light, wireless headphones , which in itself is very appealing to many people and i think that will be the major selling points. Will not know till i actually have one of the two i pre ordered in my hands for actual testing. Biggest clue for all should be the selling price, this unit is aimed directly at XP, and then the waterproof machines. Trust me you do not sell a detector for 800 that will blow your top of the line hobby machine that sells for 2500.

If the Equinox will blow the doors off the CTX it would sell for more than the CTX! And they would sell tons of them just like they have the CTX!

They have only ever stated that it could obsolete single freq machines and i believe they are probably dead on, especially with the features of being waterproof, deus fast, light, wireless and deep. Be interesting to see how i fair with my opinions when the machine actually hits the market,,, remember i posted this before the machine actually hit the market.

Sort of a strange thread here.
Why?

When I get tired I usually rest, or take a nap, or go to sleep.

The Equinox threads/posts are here alright, but no one here is making anyone click on them.

So, why all the hoopla over Equinox?

Weight, waterproof for price advertised.

Perceived stability in salt water, sallt water sand.

It is a Minelab and Minelab has created a reputation.

It is perceived this model series performs well in iron, better than the fbs types like CTX and Etrac.

To change topic here somewhat.
Remember Deus.

It didn't light up the forums like Equinox has/did.
Why?
Well, it likely would have but Deus initially not released or offered to USA customers.

It too is cherished by its light weight.

You know it's funny, and this may indeed happen with Equinox as it did with Deus.
What is this exactly?

I read here and other places too, these fan club FBSers would defend Etrac and CTX to their death, but some thing happened.
Some of these same people here and other places are now it seems more dedicated XP Deus users.

My only real complaint is not having another model being released in this same time frame.

Yes, I sure don't blame folks for being giddy about this coming detector model series.

Lots of older folks still detect, but detector weight is killing them, and the price of Deus may be killing them too.

Just remember, we as detectorists and future detectorists, all may benefit eventually, as the other detector manufacturers will be watching and trying to compete with Minelab and other manufacturers as well.

One more thing.
One sure fire way to get an issue(detector) talked about even more is to start another thread about the issue one (seems) is tired of I guess (reading) about.

Its sort of hilariously fun though...entertaining...reading the speculative posts...sort of like a retirement fund prospectus...or your SS disbursement estimate statement telling you what you can 'expect' to get..:laughing: interesting, wishful thinking, but mainly overhyped fiction..

I do value Herschbach's input though..seeings how he has years behind various coils and has actually used the OX...

:lol:

I only wish i had more money to invest in used units, picked up a backup V3i with wireless headphones two months old for 750 , there is a like new ctx 3030 for around 1200 for sale. If there are detectorists out there that ever thought about trying a high end machine YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME to pick one or two or three very cheap! Not long after the Equinox hits the market i think the cheap deals end. I have personally not seen a video or anything for that matter that the Equinox can do something that the detectors i have cannot do.

Now keep in mind that i do not hunt Salt Water Beaches, or heavily mineralized ground. It is going to be waterproof , light, wireless headphones , which in itself is very appealing to many people and i think that will be the major selling points. Will not know till i actually have one of the two i pre ordered in my hands for actual testing. Biggest clue for all should be the selling price, this unit is aimed directly at XP, and then the waterproof machines. Trust me you do not sell a detector for 800 that will blow your top of the line hobby machine that sells for 2500.

If the Equinox will blow the doors off the CTX it would sell for more than the CTX! And they would sell tons of them just like they have the CTX!

They have only ever stated that it could obsolete single freq machines and i believe they are probably dead on, especially with the features of being waterproof, deus fast, light, wireless and deep. Be interesting to see how i fair with my opinions when the machine actually hits the market,,, remember i posted this before the machine actually hit the market.

I’m with ya

Sort of a strange thread here.
Why?

When I get tired I usually rest, or take a nap, or go to sleep.

The Equinox threads/posts are here alright, but no one here is making anyone click on them.

So, why all the hoopla over Equinox?

Weight, waterproof for price advertised.

Perceived stability in salt water, sallt water sand.

It is a Minelab and Minelab has created a reputation.

It is perceived this model series performs well in iron, better than the fbs types like CTX and Etrac.

To change topic here somewhat.
Remember Deus.

It didn't light up the forums like Equinox has/did.
Why?
Well, it likely would have but Deus initially not released or offered to USA customers.

It too is cherished by its light weight.

You know it's funny, and this may indeed happen with Equinox as it did with Deus.
What is this exactly?

I read here and other places too, these fan club FBSers would defend Etrac and CTX to their death, but some thing happened.
Some of these same people here and other places are now it seems more dedicated XP Deus users.

My only real complaint is not having another model being released in this same time frame.

Yes, I sure don't blame folks for being giddy about this coming detector model series.

Lots of older folks still detect, but detector weight is killing them, and the price of Deus may be killing them too.

Just remember, we as detectorists and future detectorists, all may benefit eventually, as the other detector manufacturers will be watching and trying to compete with Minelab and other manufacturers as well.

One more thing.
One sure fire way to get an issue(detector) talked about even more is to start another thread about the issue one (seems) is tired of I guess (reading) about.

It is a strange thread and I assure you I rested and took a nap which involved sleep before starting it. :lol: It was just meant to be a lighthearted funny thread but some are posting about it more here so I guess I did fuel the fire so to speak but oh well what can a man do. Hope you got a laugh out of the thread and some of the replies nonetheless!

:lol:

I’m with ya

It is a strange thread and I assure you I rested and took a nap which involved sleep before starting it. :lol: It was just meant to be a lighthearted funny thread but some are posting about it more here so I guess I did fuel the fire so to speak but oh well what can a man do. Hope you got a laugh out of the thread and some of the replies nonetheless!

Well,
If folks are tired of Equinox threads/posts now, hold on you hadn't seen nothing yet!!
Wait until released.
Forums will be a hummin with folks feedback.
Loads of preliminary comments on detector models.

And you can bet we will hear the models CTX, Etrac and Deus mentioned a whoooooole lot.

All good though.
It will be interesting how this detector stacks up for price paid.

Key here-price paid!!!!

Well,
If folks are tired of Equinox threads/posts now, hold on you hadn't seen nothing yet!!
Wait until released.
Forums will be a hummin with folks feedback.
Loads of preliminary comments on detector models.

And you can bet we will hear the models CTX, Etrac and Deus mentioned a whoooooole lot.

All good though.
It will be interesting how this detector stacks up for price paid.

Key here-price paid!!!!

Oh I’m sure your 100% correct but at least there will be real life feedback involved. But you are correct the fun is yet to come!

Its getting hard to wait. I might just have to preorder!!:pullhair::jester:

Oh boy yet another has fallen!:lol:

Nope not tired of it at all. I love it and find it entertaining. But then again I have one on order. If you don't want to hear about the Equinox don't click on any thread that mentions the Equinox. Simple. The crazy questions. The conspiracy theories about beach videos. etc. I find it a hoot.

I love reading all I can about the Equinox. This is the first time I been present for a new release that I can study in this hobby prior to purchase.
I own the Deus and love it. What held me off so long before purchasing was the price of the Deus.
Now, the Equinox comes along at a very reasonable price and includes features that I would like in a detector for beach and water hunting, fast recovery, waterproof, multi-frequency, I had to order one.
GL & HH

Nope not tired of it at all. I love it and find it entertaining. But then again I have one on order. If you don't want to hear about the Equinox don't click on any thread that mentions the Equinox. Simple. The crazy questions. The conspiracy theories about beach videos. etc. I find it a hoot.

I love reading all I can about the Equinox. This is the first time I been present for a new release that I can study in this hobby prior to purchase.
I own the Deus and love it. What held me off so long before purchasing was the price of the Deus.
Now, the Equinox comes along at a very reasonable price and includes features that I would like in a detector for beach and water hunting, fast recovery, waterproof, multi-frequency, I had to order one.
GL & HH

Haha glad you guys are hyped and ready for the release. Congrats and hope to hear how it treats you.

I enjoy reading the speculation as it addresses what we all want : innovation at a not-so-bad price point.

Now, I can't wait for the units to roll out so we can see some real world feedback!

Its likely not going to be like what is being tested anyway. ...:roll:

I think you are right. I got my neighbor to order one. So we're taking it and the CTX to do a Jax beach test. What could be better than a real-world test with some average Joes using machines "per the instructions"?

You know I won't hesitate to give an "HONEST" answer.

I still remember when Windows ME was coming out and it was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced toast based on the hype. That sure didn't live up to it's expectations. No clue if the ENox will live up to the hype or not. I'm perfectly content waiting it out until the rest of you get your hands on them. Plenty of goodies in the ground still that will still be there later while the rest of you test it out.

Have any of the testers done a side by side comparison between the Equinox, CTX, Etrac and Deus? If not, why not? I say hogwash for them not doing it!

beephead

Back
Top Bottom