Tesoro coils for new Vaquero??

Rhunter

Hi again, still looking at a couple machines like the etrac and V3i but I might buy a good cheaper detector and wait on the big detector purchase later (nothing wrong with 2 machines). The tesoro vaquero really looks good for a number of reasons but now the coil decision is the next issue. I was going to mix it up between the double D coil and Concentric Coils. Should I buy after market or stick with tesoro coils? The new vaquero come with 11x8 or 9x8, coils, which has better depth and which one would you buy? Also, I would like to buy a second smaller coil to go with the machine, which one and what size? Thanks again for your help....much appreciated:)

It really depends on your soil. The 11 x 8 is a great coil, deep, seperate real well for its size and lite weight. Stock 9 x8 coil is real deep also, not as much ground coverage bit ignores bottle caps better and is lite weight. As far as small coil, 5.75 concentric is all you will need.

I do the stock 11 x 8 DD and get the 5.75 concentric coil. Both Tesoro brand coils will be matched to your machine. The 5.75" is a sweet coil for masked and target separation.

exactly what he said...

I do the stock 11 x 8 DD and get the 5.75 concentric coil. Both Tesoro brand coils will be matched to your machine. The 5.75" is a sweet coil for masked and target separation.

If I were buying new, I'd also get the Vaquero with an 11x8 for the cleaner, more open areas. I'd then get the 5.75 concentric for the trashier areas. I now keep a 5.75 concentric on my Vaquero most of the time. The 9x8 concentric does work well on cut grass, but I don't like the weight or all the spokes, which can easily get caught up on twigs.

BTW- If you're buying a new Vaquero, also look into the "high-tone" option. I like, and can hear the higher tone much better than the standard tone. Any Tesoro dealer should be able to get one for you. Both Vaquero and Cibola have a high-tone option.

Back
Top Bottom