Where did all the sponsors go?

Briman05

Elite Member
When I first joined this site there were several sponsors then the number seemed to explode. We even had a sponsor from Russia and Hawaii. I just looked at the sponsors list and thought where did they all go? I do like that the best sponsors are still on this site

I was a sponsor for a short time, enjoyed it but didn't sell enough to keep going. I know that Bart of Big Boys Hobbies is a great guy to do business with.

Yeah some of the best are still here. The list is smaller because this is a tough biz. On the forum we pay to compete for a chance to sell at the cheapest price so I understand the turnover. I look at it as a donation/advertising and I like the forum and being a sponsor. HH phil

Why does it matter where all the sponsor went. The one we have now are all Quality. I have dealt with Rich, Phil and Bart great and honest guy to do business with.

With the world being the way it is, we are all blessed to be able to participate in this great hobby and blessed to have really great members/sponsors on here to share knowledge with and learn from.( and get great deals on our toys!!!!:lol:)

From what I remember. The one from Hawaii got burned bad. No idea from what? Fire, hot grease, explosion:?: I know he was gone after that.

From what I remember. The one from Hawaii got burned bad. No idea from what? Fire, hot grease, explosion:?: I know he was gone after that.

Hot grease from trying to cook a turkey in one of those outdoor fryers.

Why does it matter where all the sponsor went. The one we have now are all Quality. I have dealt with Rich, Phil and Bart great and honest guy to do business with.

I'm not saying that it matters I was just asking about it because since I have been here I have seen a lot of sponsors come and go. I do agree that the best ones are here. It is sad how NED went down in the quality of there customer service.

Hot grease from trying to cook a turkey in one of those outdoor fryers.

That may be so BUT he had THREE contests with FOUR winners before he got burned. One for a pinpointer, after that one for TWO detectors and then after that ONE for a trip to Hawaii. He never sent out ONE prize.

I refuse to judge but those are facts. Some people got hurt and never came back to this site.

Of course it had absolutely nothing to do with members or administrators of this site but something just wasn't right.

And I agree, the quality sponsors we have should be enough to satisfy most purchases.

Last edited:
Some of the sponsors were testing the market for a limited time. It's a tough business like the guys said. Perhaps towards Christmas there might be some new or old sponsors showing interest.

Coming into any business that already had many established dealers is one tough gig. Many of those dealers have spent years building a good customer base so you really need to step up the game to compete with them and that means low profit margins until you get your own customer base.
I know I would hate to even try to compete with any of the dealers on this forum as they are all top notch. I even had one dealer sell me an item at cost because he just refused to be undersold. It is a commitment like that that gets you a customer for life.

. I even had one dealer sell me an item at cost because he just refused to be undersold. It is a commitment like that that gets you a customer for life.

lol A rush to the bottom dollar for nothing....makes total busines sense...lol

Just so he got the sale.....smh

Well I wouldn't say for nothing. They certainly have the right to run their business the way they want. I've done things for free and have given discounts in my business. They have the freedom to do what they want in those regards and they can't do it every time and run a profitable business. :no:

LoL

Talk about things you know about or save your text. No one takes you serious here as you've proven time and again you don't know wth you're talking abot 99% of the time anyway.

They can do what they want but to make Nothing or 10$ on a detector just so someone will sing them praise isn't smart business when it comes to profit margins.

WOW and now we have bashing on another thread.

IF anyone wants to sell to a customer for cost on the surface it might not make good business sense BUT it could be in the long run. The customer that bought the item might spread your business name around so you get more business and you have a customer.

I WISH EVERYONE would stop judging others by what THEY think. EVERYONE has the right to do what they feel is right. Keeping rings they could return to returning them is a good example. NOBODY but NOBODY has the right to criticize others for the way they handle their own business.

lol A rush to the bottom dollar for nothing....makes total busines sense...lol

Just so he got the sale.....smh

He not only got the sale but also my repeat business as well as the business of a couple friends.
I do not try to go out and pit one dealer against another I just state what I am looking for and what I am willing to pay. Either they can do it or not. I also use a couple other forum sponsors for other things that I cannot get from "this" dealer.

Looks like my post has created some type of disharmony which was not the intent.

Most retailers have loss leaders....products that make them very little if no money at all in hopes of getting people into the store to buy other things.

When it comes to other items large and small, cars and boats in the large variety and all sorts of products that cost less, when there is a possibility of the customer upgrading over time the idea is to get that first time buyer and make him a loyal customer.
As time goes on and they decide to make future purchases during what retailers call "the itch cycle", a good customer is worth their weight in gold for the future and relatively easy profit they represent if it works the way as planned.

Hats

Off :hat3: To Phil, Bart, & Rich, great sponsors , just wanted to mention, manufacturers , Like Minelab need's to realize not to many people want to pay over 1500 for a metal detector, in this economy, I own 4 Minelabs, but since the price gauge, my business has went with Fisher , Teknetics, and most recently Whites, Minelab continues raising prices , even with part's. What I look for is - A good price , Quality without issues, Customer Service, Warranty , Minelab has failed in 3 out of 4, If manufacturers are not on the ball , how can the people selling there product be successful, Earl

Back
Top Bottom