Seven More Silvers For The Pile, Wheats, And Old Mexican Coins

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
I got out for a couple short hunts last week after work and found a merc and 12 wheats during those two hunts. I am not looking forward to day light savings time and it is getting harder to detect after work now with the days getting shorter.

On Saturday I met up with my friend Dan (Raphis, captn_fi) and we had plans to hunt try a handful of parks. A couple of the parks didn't pan out but I ended up finding silver in 4 different parks. My totals for the day were 6 silver coins (4 Rosies and 2 Mercs) and 13 wheats. I also found a spill of two older Mexican coins, a 1945 20 Centavos and a 1957 50 Centavos.

These finds brings me to 243 silver coins and 898 wheats FTY.

Jason

Attachments

• 2014 Finds430.jpg
    2014 Finds430.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 552
  • 2014 Finds429.jpg
    2014 Finds429.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 553
  • 2014 Finds431.jpg
    2014 Finds431.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 545
I HATE daylight savings. Come November 2nd, it'll be weekends only and short hunts too :( The ONLY good thing about this time of year is the yellow jackets, mosquitos and overgrowth are gone/almost gone. I can't even hunt after work anymore...by the time I get home and change, it would leave me about 20 mins before dark. Depressing indeed. Thank god for hunting season or I'd go stir crazy.

Thanks guys!

Nicely Done!

I HATE daylight savings. Come November 2nd, it'll be weekends only and short hunts too :( The ONLY good thing about this time of year is the yellow jackets, mosquitos and overgrowth are gone/almost gone. I can't even hunt after work anymore...by the time I get home and change, it would leave me about 20 mins before dark. Depressing indeed. Thank god for hunting season or I'd go stir crazy.

Killin it as usual I see...Another nice haul bud!

Great haul on silver, love the token.

Another awesome hunt as usual man, congrats! :yes:

Cool, nice find.

Yeah, not a lot of positive stuff with daylight savings.

Mr. Consistent!

Jason, you had another fine hunt on Saturday! At the last park, you dug silver from a spot John and I have zig-zagged over many times. I keep thinking about the 1863 Peruvian coin I found that day, and to think it could have been from the same spill that I got the Chilean silver coin some months back. So many times, we never end up finding all the oldies in one hunt, or even numerous hunts. That's what makes this hobby so exciting.

Congrats,
Raphis
Dan

Thanks Dan. Those small trashy parks can hide stuff under all the layers of junk and will be hard to get everything. Maybe next time we can get an indian. It's always fun to speculate but there was over 50 years difference between the two coins you found. Only if we could go back in time. I agree, this hobby is always interesting and exciting.
Jason, you had another fine hunt on Saturday! At the last park, you dug silver from a spot John and I have zig-zagged over many times. I keep thinking about the 1863 Peruvian coin I found that day, and to think it could have been from the same spill that I got the Chilean silver coin some months back. So many times, we never end up finding all the oldies in one hunt, or even numerous hunts. That's what makes this hobby so exciting.

Congrats,
Raphis
Dan

Congratulations on a very nice hunt.
Im still waiting on a multiple silver hunt.
I get my silvers like that old Johnny Cash song (one piece at a time) lol

Back
Top Bottom