CTX Dead after not more than 12hrs

I sent mine in foe issues they replaced screen and control box... Went on thee four hunts and thing was kicking butt.... Nailing it at the beach .... Then last week while maiming it at Clearwater .... Backlight started to flicker.... Then out... Then frying electric smell.... Then back on.... I emailed Minelab from beach.., it was a 650 mile trip.... Then met DND in Jax.... Best beach conditions all year.... Machine screen went blank then got stuck on Minelab screen "best treasure detector on earth screen" I could hunt but no target screen just sound..... If I wanted no gps and now screen I would've saved the 1200 extra bucks and bought an Excalibur ....back to Minelab again today....# pissed# screwed again .

You have a link regarding the $1600 cost for repairs after the warranty runs out ?

Can't find it now. Guy outside the U.S. had a flooding issue. he posted the letters sent from ML. One said something like he had put the gasket in backwards. They covered the repair. But said they could have charged that much. Good thing about Whites is any repair you have done doesn't seem to run much over $100. I've had everything changed in my DFX once and was amazed how cheap it was. ML doesn't do discounts:shock::lol:

I sent mine in foe issues they replaced screen and control box... Went on thee four hunts and thing was kicking butt.... Nailing it at the beach .... Then last week while maiming it at Clearwater .... Backlight started to flicker.... Then out... Then frying electric smell.... Then back on.... I emailed Minelab from beach.., it was a 650 mile trip.... Then met DND in Jax.... Best beach conditions all year.... Machine screen went blank then got stuck on Minelab screen "best treasure detector on earth screen" I could hunt but no target screen just sound..... If I wanted no gps and now screen I would've saved the 1200 extra bucks and bought an Excalibur ....back to Minelab again today....# pissed# screwed again .

Seems repairs on their water machines aren't tested. See too many excaliburs going back two or three times in a row. I know a TV repairman drops in a whole new board for halfway reasonable. A ML board costs more than the television you watch:shock:

Back
Top Bottom