1919s Wheat or 1949?

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Well, I guess I'm back....again. It's been over 6 months since I had a detector in my hand and I sold my NOX 800 due to heath issues. I thought I would get my old Tek Delta out for 30 minutes this afternoon and have a little fun. I picked an area right next to my old house, which I had taken about a foot of soil off of. That said, I found 3 modern pennies, a couple of pieces of trash and a Wheat Penny which looks like it might be a 1919s, or is it a 1949? My house was built in 1941. What do ya'll think the date is?

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 365
That last picture leaves no doubt whatsoever...1919s for sure!

Welcome back, and nice save!

Thanks my ole friends, I thought so. Our house sits right on an old trail/dirt road (trail of tears too) to the wild west, that was still in use before US Highway 64 was built. Old home sites and a sunken cellar not a hundred yards from me. Needless to say, plenty of relics around, but digging iron gets a little old....That said, I still hit it once in a while because you never know!

Keep saying the name Tom and he'll show up like Beetlejuice or Bloody Mary (and not the [debatably] good kind)! [emoji15][emoji1787]

I don't want to alarm anyone, but from the looks of those other pennies, you may have a land shark in your yard...

Happy hunting, be safe out there.

Back
Top Bottom