Coin books?

I use the the official blue book Hand Book of United states Coins cost around $10.00 great book for the price.

I know for sure some of the places I go I will not have service.

I found copies of the official blue book on Ebay cheap. For my needs a copy a couple years old would work fine.

I will look for an app...

THX

Yeah, the coins books are great and mine is a couple years old too. That is fine. Personally I don't want to carry a book around with me while detecting.

If you live in or near a larger town with a Barnes & Noble they have the blue book, red book and others.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I did find an app that seems pretty simple and free...

I planned to order a blue book last night, but our internet was down.

I mostly just wanted to study up on when changes where made to help with dating toasted coins. I'm not very concerned about value. I mostly just needed a history on pennies, as it seems them and beer cans are my majority finds. :p

Not sure if you have a Half Price Books anywhere where near you but I see all sorts of them there for a good deal. Red & Blue books and all kinds of coin collector books both foreign and intl. Not all are current but for what you're looking for they should be fine.

I did find an app that seems pretty simple and free...

I planned to order a blue book last night, but our internet was down.

I mostly just wanted to study up on when changes where made to help with dating toasted coins. I'm not very concerned about value. I mostly just needed a history on pennies, as it seems them and beer cans are my majority finds. :p

There is also a website for beer & soda cans, seems some people collect those.

It used to be that the RED book had more information, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. In any case the RED book had RETAIL prices, while the BLUE book had what the dealer would pay IF THEY NEEDED THE COIN IN THEIR STOCK. Neither book was 100% accurate in all cases. A dealer might pay more for a coin that they know they can flip quickly, while they might pay less for a valuable coin with a more limited market.

I like the large print spiral bound red books myself. If I can't get that, the regular print spiral bound will do. Both are good for a general overview of rarity.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom