3 little horses

jabberwocky666

Last weekend I felt like a cowboy - I searched near the Lake of Constance for horses... Found three little ones, these celtic coins called "Bueschelquinar" and are more than 2000 years old. I love horses! YEEEEEHAW!

Attachments

• bueschel1.jpg
    bueschel1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • bueschel2.jpg
    bueschel2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,030
You guys find such great stuff over there. We have old coins here in the states but NOT like that! Great finds!

That is just crazy! The fact that something like those are found again boggles the mind!!

Need some help?

Jabberwocky I'm only a couple hours north of you if you need some help covering that field :) Those are awesome, I'm only finding 800 yr old coins up here...Good luck finding more, when is the next group hunt here in Germany?

@ Bonesquat: No, not pewter, in german it called "potin" - it's silver with bronce or some like that.

@ drewwski: I go for hunt since 5 years (nearly every day) but I also don't find such nice coins before. But I find from time to time some roman coins - think, the romans was also in Bocket-Waldfeucht so you should find some older coins, too. A big roman road (Römerstraße Heerlen – Xanten) crosses Waldfeucht... Next group hunt in germany is, when you invite the german searchers :-P But not in September - no I visit one week Austria (looking for some celtic or roman stuff) and after that I'll spend two weeks in Egypt (try to find some mummies).

:shock::shock: great finds...do the authorities want stuff like that? Some US areas have stipulations on handing stuff over that is older than a certain age. Hey Todd...Jabberwocky's signature can be "Dig BC or go home" :-)

Back
Top Bottom