Bethany Beach Delaware area?

wvdave107

Elite Member
Looks like no rest for the weary. I'll be leaving IL in about a week then heading to Delaware around the 12TH for a couple of weeks. Will be in the Bethany Beach area. Plan on taking my ATP and hitting up some of the dry sound. Any tips/ advice or anything I should be aware of. Thanks to all...HH

... Any tips/ advice or anything I should be aware of.....

Yes: Don't stick your fingers in light sockets. And don't buy Rolex watches from strange men who stand on street corners wearing trench coats. And most importantly: You must send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal).

Any other questions ? :D

my advice is stay in the dry sand. the ATP (in my experience) is just not built for more than an inch or two of wet salty sand and even then it's aggravating.

Ground balance a lot as you move between areas of the beach as some sand even though its dry(er) might be saltier or more mineralized than others. Do this especially if you start hearing more chatter than you're used to.

Hit the towel lines where people sit around all day and are getting up and down. Hit the entrance/exit areas where people are fumbling around for their phones on the way in or their keys on the way out.

sunscreen!

Have fun!

my advice is stay in the dry sand. the ATP (in my experience) is just not built for more than an inch or two of wet salty sand and even then it's aggravating.

Ground balance a lot as you move between areas of the beach as some sand even though its dry(er) might be saltier or more mineralized than others. Do this especially if you start hearing more chatter than you're used to.

Hit the towel lines where people sit around all day and are getting up and down. Hit the entrance/exit areas where people are fumbling around for their phones on the way in or their keys on the way out.

sunscreen!

Have fun!

Not sure if the sun screen will be necessary. Heading there for another training class. Be inside most of the day. Only going to have the evenings to poke around...LOL

Yes: Don't stick your fingers in light sockets. And don't buy Rolex watches from strange men who stand on street corners wearing trench coats. And most importantly: You must send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal).

Any other questions ? :D

Tom. I truly appreciate the very sound advice. I have often thought about sticking my fingers in light sockets. Now I know...LOL Also, that may explain why my watch has never worked the way it should...:laughing:
On the 30%... you're on your own on that one...:laughing:

Last time I was in this area I wasn't detecting. I was hoping some folks could give some advice on where to go or better yet, where to not go. Not sure how much time I'll have to hunt, but hopefully my evenings should be free. Thanks for the advice, though.:D

No Tourist

Down here yet , beaches are empty, weather has been to cold, July, August , September, than you won't be wasting your time , or vacation, 52 degree's here today, when we will see the mid 70s is the Question . Water temps 47 degree's, no swimmer's :shock::lol:, save your vacation time, is all i can tell you bro., take care , Earl

Down here yet , beaches are empty, weather has been to cold, July, August , September, than you won't be wasting your time , or vacation, 52 degree's here today, when we will see the mid 70s is the Question . Water temps 47 degree's, no swimmer's :shock::lol:, save your vacation time, is all i can tell you bro., take care , Earl

Unfortunately, I'm not heading that way on vacation. 100% work related. should have some free time in the evenings and a weekend in between. Plan on hitting the dryer sand. Thanks for the weather advice, though. I didn't get that memo for where I am now...Needless to see I under packed....:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom