• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Opinion on Scoop Pull Handles

Anyone care to share their opinion on Sand Scoop Pull Handles? In particular, the Gold Digger Raptor Pull Handle.

I got one from Ron at G/D and had it about 12-18 months.

On my wet-sand scoop, I placed it about mid-way up the shaft but soon moved it as close as I could to the scoop for better balance when sifting. The down side to having the handle by the scoop is it can interfere with digging once the hole is about 12" deep. When using the 17" CTX or the PI units, especially in sanded-in conditions, I'd say at least half of the targets are over 12" deep.

I ended up moving the handle to my dedicated water scoop. In the water, the targets are usually shallower or the circumference of the hole is wider and the handle doesn't interfere. The handle also give you an ergonomically ideal grip when sifting/shaking.

So yeah, its benefits out weigh the cost. Heck, its not that expensive. I'm sure if you decided it wasn't for you, you could put it on the classifieds and get most of your money back.

I tried the triangle shaped one and it seemed to always be in the way. Tried it in a couple different positions on the scoop handle and found that i just did not like it. Took it off and now i cant find it.

I have thought about the straight one but have never bothered to purchase it.

I use this on my scoops.

https://www.greenherontools.com/motus_T-grip.php

I don’t actually pull the scoop out of the sand with it, I mainly use it to carry my scoop, and when shaking the sand out of the scoop in the water. My wrist hurts after shaking buckets of sand out in the water without it.

The triangle shaped ones have your hand in the wrong orientation, just feels strange to use, I prefer the one above.

Last edited:
I put a straight handle raptor on my T Rex last year, best thing I could have done, as Crumble said it takes all the pressure off of your wrist and elbow when sifting in the water. I think it was about 14 bucks, money well spent!

I broke the triangle one digging in the thick mud on the southshore.I got the Raptor now like it alot better, much stronger takes a few hunts to find out where exactly you want to mount it.Only thing with the Raptor is if i dont wear a glove i get a blister from the lines moulded in the plastic.Raptor is the way to go IMO...

I have the triangle shaped one on my Stealth. I have mine on the front not the back of the scoop, about 1/3 up. I use it mostly for pulling up out of the hole when in the wet sand/wash. Pretty much the only time I reach for the handle. Probably not the most ideal setup but it gets me through the day.

thumbnail.asp

I like the look of the straight handle, might have to give it a try.

For one handed digging

and controlling the full bucket and easy sifting. This let's you lift with your legs and saves your back and wrist. Lightweight marine grade aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG