Beach Battle!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Last night right before Sunset, about 8pm, There was a tremendous brawl on the local beach!..estimated 300 people involved! Drinking and fighting! The LEOs responded by calling in EVERY uniformed officer to clear the place and shut it down!..So of course I tossed an tumbled all night long thinking about all the cell phones and big gold chains lost in the fracas!....I was up at 4am and in there prepared to clean up and make a mega haul!! It was a let down though!..:mad: Just @$4 clad and a bucks worth of empty cans, two nice towels..that was IT!

From the tracks, lack of beach junk and empty trash cans, I could ascertain the beach crew got in there and cleaned up the mess that very night...Then, probably around 2am, some old guys with detectors that are camping in the RV's at the SP had the same idea I did and did a pretty thorough job gridding the battlefield...So well in fact, It was hard to find a gum wrapper, tab or bottlecap.....

Tonights the BIG night though, perfect beach weather and firework display, the whole town will have 30,000 revelers easy...I should do well tomorrow! Heres a shot from the past...

Attachments

• july 5-15-1.jpg
    july 5-15-1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 596
  • july 5-15.jpg
    july 5-15.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 586
  • july 5-15-2.jpg
    july 5-15-2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 616
  • july 4-16-2.jpg
    july 4-16-2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 605
  • july 5-15-5.jpg
    july 5-15-5.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow Mud. Was wondering about you today and thinking you haven't posted in a while. I would get there at 1:00am to beat the guys that get there at two!

Hope you are having a great summer

Good luck tomorrow Mud. Was wondering about you today and thinking you haven't posted in a while. I would get there at 1:00am to beat the guys that get there at two!

Hope you are having a great summer

Thanks Bob! I've been consumed with trying to get his house sold and offloading all sorts of belongings all Spring! Not as much hunting like normal, I was out all weekend and yesterday though....nothing of greatness to report yet...Got 3 rings over the weekend but all were junk...got a tiny little silver necklace today at an alternative site...not worth a mention...I'll be finding something wonderful soon though..big pile of cash or whatnot...I always do my best in the Fall...:laughing:

The Beach Patrol is running around on their quads all night, tossing people off the beach...so a guy has to time it right to avoid them...Nice moon though, a guy could certainly hunt all night if it wernt for the Beach Patrol...plus, a guy would have to get dropped off and picked up on account of the ticketing and towing...Oh anyway..I'll get a few towels at least, or a nice pair of flipflops...:laughing: Have a Great 4th of July Scubadee!

Last edited:
Time to open a towel stall near the beach. Just sell the previous years lot. Sun tan lotion, lighters, etc.. could make a nice.chunk of change.
Good luck tomorrow

Good luck! I went out early this morning and struck out and now I'm too sore to go again this evening. Oops!

If I were smart I would have scheduled tomorrow off and drove down to Pismo...I'm self employed and my boss can be a real stickler sometimes....;)

strick

Mud you should have scrapped and used the old windmill move. Not great for removing rings but youd tear off every chain in sight:laughing:

Thanks Friends!...Just got back with a modest little amount..flip flops will come in handy until I find a better pair this season....Heading back out to another Fireworks beach place...Thats my F70 with GG NDTs on her..nice small bucket sandscoop, modified 'finless' 11" DD coil, internal tube coil cable set up, Tall Mans lower.....Running this modded rig in Delta Pitch makes for a really fast, light and efficient drysander...

Attachments

• jul 5-17.jpg
    jul 5-17.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 412
  • jul 5-17-1.jpg
    jul 5-17-1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 406
  • jul 5-17-2.jpg
    jul 5-17-2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 410
  • fins.jpg
    fins.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 405
Thanks Friends!...Just got back with a modest little amount..
Modded rig is awesome. Wish FL would jump on board for the bottle/can return. We'd have a heck of a lot less canslaw and could probably triple our income by returning all the bottles/cans.

Modded rig is awesome. Wish FL would jump on board for the bottle/can return. We'd have a heck of a lot less canslaw and could probably triple our income by returning all the bottles/cans.

Yeah...its not a bad gig being a Cannie around here! 10 cents per! I made $2.20 this am just off of cans! Some guys do nothing but hunt cans! 'Cannies' I call them...one old Cannie guy I talked to last year pulled 16,000 emptys just running around in this little area!

Like us, they have a unique set of skills, specialized tools like those 'grabber' thingys... They follow the herds of can droppers recognizing certain hotspots just like a detectorist does! I'm not a dedicated Cannie up to their level, but l do knock down probably $100 per season worth of empty cans just grabbing up the easies, or emptying a few myself for redemption!...:laughing:

Yeah...its not a bad gig being a Cannie around here! 10 cents per! ...but l do knock down probably $100 per season worth of empty cans just grabbing up the easies, or emptying a few myself for redemption!...:laughing:

As a kid, my mom would drop me off at the metroparks and I'd make $40-60 on a Sat or Sun. Last time we went to Jobbie-Nooner, my bud had a boat with a basketball hoop with a bag underneath for empties. Guy cashed in $80. :shock:

And to think, that didn't even require a detector, lol

As a kid, my mom would drop me off at the metroparks and I'd make $40-60 on a Sat or Sun. Last time we went to Jobbie-Nooner, my bud had a boat with a basketball hoop with a bag underneath for empties. Guy cashed in $80. :shock:

And to think, that didn't even require a detector, lol

Right David! One of my My bucket list Hunts would be to go out to Jobbie Nooner someday! Or any other well used sandbar raft up area....Hunt for lost Big Gold rings/chains let alone scarfing up the valuable bycatch of towels, sunglasses and cans!!....

The Pro Cannies tell me, They immediately hit all the boatramp dumpsters on account of nobody wants to drive home with a case of empties in their rig and risk getting pulled over and charged with an 'open container' violation or a DUI just to 'save' themselves $2.40! So yeah...lots of empties tossed around here for good reason...

The Michigan 10 cent can deposit is quite an interesting Social study...not only does it keep the empty cans all picked up for free, but it generates a tremendous amount of additional income and exercise for bicycle riding SS retirees and keeps the local tosspots/addicts busy instead of robbing a taxpaying guys house all the time...its a friggin WinWin! I'm merely a small side participant and overall spectator....:laughing:

Last edited:
Looks like a few good days out, I guess the water is to chilly for the beach crowd? Be nice if they had it out in the water....:D

Heya Pup I heard on the radio that that was the crowd that usually trashes south haven and they decided to try moving north!
Didn't work too well! :laughing:

When there were no pictures of the problem to go along with the stories posted on "fake news" websites it was easy to figure out what happened.
The cops said they will be monitoring social media to nip the next attempt in the bud.

:D

Dang MUD, I thought I was the only one that scarfed up towels and other beach items. My wife hates it when I come home with towels and shoes.
I just found a nice towel at a tot lot. Yep, I bring it home.
You must have a truck load of guys up their that hunt your spots. You need to get in their and put up signs that say ( no metal detecting ). Than you get your butt in their and knock down that sign and get hunting.
Good luck my friend.
Nice to see you back in here.
KEN :D

Back
Top Bottom