Spanish Cobb?

Zoidberg661

Found this yesterday, did electrolysis for a bit to get some of the encrusted material off. Looks like it was stamped with something, just not sure what...... Not even sure I have the coin upright in the pic, hard to tell. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Pretty sure it's silver but I don't have acid to test. It isn't magnetic and conducts electricity quite well ;)

Attachments

• cobb.jpg
    cobb.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 165
Sorry but I see absolutely no clues or markings. If I use my imagination I think I can see what might be a coin in a couple spots. Hope you can clean it up and get an ID. Looks like a rock at the moment. :?:

lol, agreed, it does look like a rock :)

However, when I put the positive and negative ends of my little 12V fan on either side it conducts the electricity, it's definitely metal, and it's not at all magnetic.

I dug it at about 18 inches on the shoreline of a certain beach here in Florida so that's why I suspect it may be an old gnarled coin from a ship. What stands out to me are the line patterns, they seem too even in a diagonal and horizontal pattern to be a result of anything other than a stamp. Or perhaps I am wrong, fun to look at though. Still trying to get more material off it on the backside, maybe that will reveal a bit more.

Almost looks like it encrusted itself into wood, which would be very unlikely in the ocean, unless it was the hull of a ship...

Back
Top Bottom