Newbie in Myrtle Beach

RyanMB

I am buying a Metal Detector in the next week or so to use on the beaches here in MB. I do not have a lot of money to spend but am looking at Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV. I am mostly doing this to get out of the house and get some exercise. But I would love to have some excitement too. What do you think of the Bounty Hunter? I only have around $100 to spend. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

I am buying a Metal Detector in the next week or so to use on the beaches here in MB. I do not have a lot of money to spend but am looking at Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV. I am mostly doing this to get out of the house and get some exercise. But I would love to have some excitement too. What do you think of the Bounty Hunter? I only have around $100 to spend. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

If you do decide on the Tracker IV Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon that can be printed from their web site.

(with the coupon you can get the Tracker IV for about $66)

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Kids-Crafts-Activities/Science-Educational/Tracker-IV-Metal-Detector/p/27250

hobbylobbytk4.jpg

Here is a video someone made about the Tracker IV (note: you can't submerge it in water)

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Last edited:
Thanks. How do you like the Bounty Hunter?

While it might be nice to have a more advanced model like a Garrett AT Pro I am on a limited budget when it comes to hobby stuff and the Tracker IV is a very nice model for the low price you pay, if you search the forum you'll see other people who were pleased with the Tracker IV, it might not have the fancy features or detect as deep as a more costly model, but it does well for a budget detector.

While it might be nice to have a more advanced model like a Garrett AT Pro I am on a limited budget when it comes to hobby stuff and the Tracker IV is a very nice model for the low price you pay, if you search the forum you'll see other people who were pleased with the Tracker IV, it might not have the fancy features or detect as deep as a more costly model, but it does well for a budget detector.

Awesome thanks for the advice. I too am on a pretty tight income so those pricey units are out of my range.

Good Luck at the beach , sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun..

Start saving the clad and jewelry you Find and in a year you might have enough for a pricier model if you find the BH isn't enough. This is the only sport ( yes I consider it a sport) I know of that will pay for itself in the long run.

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see the pics and stories behind your finds !!

Welcome from West Virginia!!!! I try to spend as much time as I can down your way. Wife has family in Murrells Inlet and Surfside.... Good luck on your new hobby!!!

order through walmart the bounty hunter get the intermediate. the vlf varies with certain sand and the ore down about six inches black sand. I dont know how it will react with myrtle beach sands. anyhow try it and see. also maybe wann purchase some rechargeable 9 volt batteries for the machine or double aa battteries whatever it suppose to take for operation. itll be worth it.

Welcome from West Virginia!!!! I try to spend as much time as I can down your way. Wife has family in Murrells Inlet and Surfside.... Good luck on your new hobby!!!

There is great fishing in Murrells Inlet.

order through walmart the bounty hunter get the intermediate. the vlf varies with certain sand and the ore down about six inches black sand. I dont know how it will react with myrtle beach sands. anyhow try it and see. also maybe wann purchase some rechargeable 9 volt batteries for the machine or double aa battteries whatever it suppose to take for operation. itll be worth it.

Thanks for the info

Ryan,

Great having you here in Myrtle Beach. I'm a local living on the Ocean:cool:

If you can, Check out the Craig's List Myrtle Beach website, there are always deals. http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/

One guy up in Little River sells new and used.

My advice:
If you can find a used Garrett Ace 150 or Ace 250 they are $125 to 175 buck range, it will help you in the dry sand, Unfortunately, wet sand will be hard with the budget.

To be honest, I started with an Ace 250 paid $212 for it, I found lots of Chains and Coinage in the dry sand.

I finally have my MineLab Equinox 800 coming Tues.:p:p
and I'm stoked to put that baby in the Wet sand!!

Mike in Myrtle Beach

Back
Top Bottom