Thought I found a junk ring, but it's a good one!

bruinvikes

Elite Member
Went over to one of my usual spots and found these two pieces (separate holes). The piece on the left I'm assuming was hand made. I'm not sure if it was meant to be a gaudy ring or a bangle for an earring. The ring to the right I would have bet that it was a junker but after cleaning it off I found the Sterling stamp inside. :dingding:

Alabama- 6
Ohio- 4

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 309
Ha!
Good one...catching up.
The season is still young!

Test that weird thing...hand made or not it could be silver.
If you don't have a gold test kit, get one.
Forget about silver testing chemicals, the pros usually don't use that because the results can vary wildly and be inaccurate.
Use 18k gold acid...if the scratch turns blue you have some silver.

See how nice I am?
I will whip your butt this season but I want to be fair about it. :laughing:

Ha!
Good one...catching up.
The season is still young!

Lol! Thank you, I figured you'd like it. Hey, this is one contest that I don't mind if I win or lose.

You're right, the season is young. Hopefully neither of us end up in a rain drought to mess things up.

That's a really nice ring!

The other contraption looks to be silver as well...

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Alright Bruin! Nice finds there! FWIW, the Wife and Daughter got into making jewelry out of gold wire a few years back!...Unbeknownst to me, They bought rolls and rolls of the damn stuff!!:laughing:

That wire one looks pretty goldy...you may have something there...check it out and report back..

Alright Bruin! Nice finds there! FWIW, the Wife and Daughter got into making jewelry out of gold wire a few years back!...Unbeknownst to me, They bought rolls and rolls of the damn stuff!!:laughing:

That wire one looks pretty goldy...you may have something there...check it out and report back..

Thanks Mud! If I take the beads off and unravel the wire would it be marked somewhere? Or are you suggesting I do an acid test?

Thanks Mud! If I take the beads off and unravel the wire would it be marked somewhere? Or are you suggesting I do an acid test?

Yeah..theres typically no K markings on handmade wire jewelry...do an acid test, or take it into a jeweler that has an XRF gun or something...It sure looks like gold from here..

Back
Top Bottom