Teknetics T2 Classic or Whites MX5

shedigz

Elite Member
I am looking for a new detector this season and I have narrowed my search to the Teknetics T2 classic or a White's MX5. There are things I like about about each detector and there are things I don't like about each as well.

I am leaning more towards the T2 but I have heard they can be chatter boxes even with the sensitivity turned down. I am a coin shooter and looking to find deep sliver and other coins.

I would like anyone who has experience with these machines to give me their impressions on depth and overall performance.

Mx5 has a running gb which is good and bad,I had one..you hafto pump the coil each time you recover a target to make sure your gb is running right.Some say you can lock it while digging a target by hitting the pause button,and when you start again it'll be where you left off,ground balance wise.I never trusted that method,and it was just too much to worry about if my machine was grounded right all the time.Just my opinion.

The t2 I also had,and have a f75 which is really the same.Very deep machine,and the newer ones can be run at full sens with no Emi interference.They do not say they put the new digital shield technology in the new t2, but once you run it you know they did.Deathly quite.
And deep,those t2 are great at finding deep coins in trash or iron,clean ground is a breeze.If you get that coil over a deep coin you'll know it.

I would take the t2 hands down,just a way better machine.A lot of people classify the f75 and t2 as relic machines first,and not the best coin machines..from my hunt last week with the f75 I can't agreee with that.

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 826
My buddy had a T2.

He found a lot of gold rings. Paid for his etrac with it. Whites are good also, but had issues with the soil here. Check your area for soil conditions. Think the T2 may be a better machine for ya

I have the T-2 Classic, Built 3-16. The machine is quiet and deep. I can turn it on in the house and run up the sensitivity to 95 with very little if any EMI. It's a keeper for me. And the weight and balance is perfect, means a lot to a 68 year old.

T2, you wont be sorry.

T2 is lighter, better on batterys, and good in any soil.

The iron disc is where the T2 beats even the F75. I would say the T2 is geard more towards gold rings, where my F75 liked coins better.

You can not say anything bad abut a Whites. I dont know your soil conditions, but parks tend to be trashy and the T2 is not suited for trashy parks. But if you put the small 5 inch coil on you will be able to hunt parks.

Its all been covered on the T2 here already. But the T2 was the first detector of the new series of detectors that has came out. Some say it is a F75, but you can not interchange coils. I think F75 is also down there in price too. The AT Pro just dropped price so you really have what I did not when I got into the hobby.

Im sure someone with a whites will chime in. I know the new MX Sport seems to be tearing it up. Not many hunt with whites here, the soil is too darn hat. But the DFX is used here.

I know you said two, but for coins I know which one I would take. It would not be a T2 or a Whites.

I have had both, and still have my T2 classic. Along with my favorite go to machine the MXT Tracker series . A little more expensive than the MX5 but, a lot more depth. I am mostly a relic hunter, but if the T2 and MX5 are the two you are looking at the T2 hands down. But only my opinion. The T2 has quick recovery and has great depth.

I have a T2 and I love it, as with any machine learn your machine,and don't be afraid to ask questions. You have access to a wealth of knowledge in the forum. some of these guys have been detecting when their first machine was a coinmaster from the late 60's! I have gotten great advice from them and realized what my T2's full potential has. I am now hitting some deep coins and targets in for example those trashy parks. I really comes down to knowing your machine and listening to how it talks back to you.

Both the T2 Classic and the 85th Anniversary F75 have DST...the jumpy chattering nature seemed to have been tamed on both.
The T2 has a larger iron section of 1-40, the F75 is 1-15 with less compression on the upper end.
The T2 can only use DD coils while you can use concentrics or DD's on the F75.
I use the F75 cousin the F70 and even though no DST both those features are my preference.
I hunt for everything including deep coins and jewelry and have in perfect soil and mineralized SE. devil dirt with great success.

In the trashy sites I hunt DD's aren't really a problem and pop tops can be dealt with easily but the concentrics are effortless at this, the response I get, behavior and tones, using the elliptical concentric on mine is something special over all targets but on jewelry it is phenomenal.
The less compressed range on the disc is perfect for jewelry hunting too, IMO, and I have used mine in horrendous iron infested sites of all kinds in both great soil and bad and it works more than just surprisingly well for me.

Just another option to think about.

Back
Top Bottom