There's a new sheriff,err, digger in town.

nevets2968

I was looking online to get myself a digger tool.
Of course Lesche and the like kept showing up on the radar. ;)

I came across this digging tool (btw made in America - even the yellow handle is!)

From the manufacturer -

Our Hori Garden Knive blade has a fairly heavy gray-purple oxide layer from the 3-stage heat-treat process: 7 hours at temperatures from 925 – 2100ºF.

NOTEWORTHY: This darker layer will wear off as the tool is used in the dirt and becomes nicely polished the more it is used.

Attachments

• IMG_20170210_233739__1486827777_24.46.6.159.jpg
    IMG_20170210_233739__1486827777_24.46.6.159.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20170210_233748__1486827801_24.46.6.159.jpg
    IMG_20170210_233748__1486827801_24.46.6.159.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 350
I have been using versions of the Hori-Hori knife for over thirty five years. I prefer the full tang with the wooden handle. i doubt if the plastic handle would hold up to the abuse that I give them. I have actually pounded them into rock hard clay that my pick bounced off of. I have never once felt like it might bend or break. Mine doesn't have or need the supporting ribs that many diggers have. It's just thick and solid. I am currently using one that has a guard on it. that may help since I keep them sharp. I won a Lesche and used it for a while and didn't like it. I was afraid that I was going to break it. I finally lost it and never got another.
Hori2.jpg

I have been using versions of the Hori-Hori knife for over thirty five years. I prefer the full tang with the wooden handle. i doubt if the plastic handle would hold up to the abuse that I give them. I have actually pounded them into rock hard clay that my pick bounced off of. I have never once felt like it might bend or break. Mine doesn't have or need the supporting ribs that many diggers have. It's just thick and solid. I am currently using one that has a guard on it. that may help since I keep them sharp. I won a Lesche and used it for a while and didn't like it. I was afraid that I was going to break it. I finally lost it and never got another.
View attachment 376111
That is what I have. Its relatively cheap but reliable so far.The snap strap broke but other than that it has been a workhorse.

What are the size dimensions of the blade?

I dont see it listed on their website.

The blade sticks out from the handle 6 1/2", is 1 3/4" wide, is made of heat treated 17-4 stainless steel and weighs .65 lb.!

I should have looked earlier but I wasn't expecting an answer on a Sunday. But there you have it.:good:

What are the size dimensions of the blade?

I dont see it listed on their website.

I'll get a tape measure tomorrow and get the dimensions for you.

DUH - i should have scrolled completely down to see the responses.

I believe this tool does indeed have a full tang.

Back
Top Bottom