Road Trip to Arizona Yields Silver Including A Nice Barber, Plus Tokens, And More

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from my road trip to Arizona last week. I made my annual spring training trip there to watch my Dodgers and did some detecting in the afternoons. My best find was a 1901 Barber quarter and also found a rosie and a sterling silver carbine piece from an old military medal. I also found a couple Arizona tax tokens, a soap token plus wheat pennies and marbles and some relics.

I also included some finds from the previous couple hunts before the road trip which included an 1899 V nickel and a few other items.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 722
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 499
  • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 455
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 494
Ever since I moved back to CT from Flagstaff, AZ, I've wanted to go back out there and detect. I bet a water hunt in Sedona would yield some good stuff. All the drunks that go swimming at Slide rock and 377 probably dropped all kinds of good stuff.

Congrats on the Barber and other nice finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Jason! I'll be out there for a baseball tourney/spring training in a couple weeks also. You should share your spot.... ;)

Jam-flicker, you went the right direction: East from So. Ca. Because recall: You are not allowed north of Santa Barbara. :laughing:

That 1901 quarter didn't happen to be an "S" mint did it ? If it is, I'll buy it off you for $50. Ok ? :cool:

Great hunting Jason! Sounds like an awesome road trip congrats!
Thanks Jeff! Came home with some cool detecting finds and a bunch of autographs.

Congrats on the Barber and other nice finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy!

Very nice Jason! I'll be out there for a baseball tourney/spring training in a couple weeks also. You should share your spot.... ;)
Thanks Sean! That will be a fun trip. Will you have any detecting time?

Nice hunt man. Congrats on the Barber and sterling!
Thanks!
Some cool finds , nice road trip , Congrats ,, HH

Congratulations, looks like a great hunt.
Thanks!

Jam-flicker, you went the right direction: East from So. Ca. Because recall: You are not allowed north of Santa Barbara. :laughing:

That 1901 quarter didn't happen to be an "S" mint did it ? If it is, I'll buy it off you for $50. Ok ? :cool:
Thanks Tom. Nope on the S, that was the first thing I looked for.

Beautiful! Everybody needs to go on a detecting Road Trip just once! Well done!
Thanks and yes it is always fun to do a detecting road trip.
Ever since I moved back to CT from Flagstaff, AZ, I've wanted to go back out there and detect. I bet a water hunt in Sedona would yield some good stuff. All the drunks that go swimming at Slide rock and 377 probably dropped all kinds of good stuff.
Yeah slide rock area has to be loaded. Cold water and rings slipping off.

Doesn't matter where you hunt Jason, you always bring home the goods! Liking the Barber Quarter, the GW that lost the battle with a reel mower:laughing: the tokens, marbles...all of it. Nice digging!

Sweet finds Jam! Did you have places lined up to hunt or figure it out on the fly? Either way,looks like fun!

Jason - nice finds. Let me know next time you are over. I moved over to AZ from socal last summer. Done some research over here. Would be good to detect with socal guy again.

Back
Top Bottom