Intro

Carguyco

Tony from Colorado..almost 50 years old and have always wanted to do this.

Well now I'm going to...starting slow with an entry level Garrett...pass it down to the step son if he enjoys it and I'll move into something more advanced..if I turn out to enjoy it.

My dad would never do this with me...and I never did it with my older children, I'm hoping this will help me bond with an 11 year old that spends far too much time on the computer and the PS3, get him outside.

Will be looking for ideas for detecting in the Colorado mountains during camping trips etc.....will also hit the local playgrounds and maybe play a little hide n seek in the yard to get used to them machine.

I have enjoyed reading the forum the last few days and look forward to contributing.

Thank you for the forum and all the info

Tony

Welcome from S.C. It's a good way to get children out, I did the same with mine 25+ years ago. Might be a little harder now with all the newfangled games that I don't understand. :lol: joe

Greetings,

Not sure what part of Colorado you are from. If you are in the Denver area check out Eureka! Treasure Hunters Club. I really enjoyed this club when I was out there in mid 80's and they will have a lot of advice for you.

Ray

Thank you all for the warm welcome
My (his) Garrett ACE 250 will be here today....we live in a rather new neighborhood but you can bet your fanny we will be digging up poly pipe clamps in our grassy front yard this evening!

Hey I know how you feel. About starting near the age of 50. I started detecting at 54 y.o. and wished I would have started when I was just 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom