11 year old son obsessed with finding history

History Lover

Hey all! I know I'm not a regular and I haven't been up here in forever but I had to share what my son, Nolan, found yesterday. Nolan is an avid treasure finder and antique lover. He has a true passion and an obsession with anything old. It just thrills his soul to find or buy an item from an antique store or auction. He just recently went to his first auction and he loved it. Recently, he was invited by an older couple to come and tour an old store building that they purchased and moved to their back yard to display their collection from the last 40 years of antique store finds, etc. He almost cried when he walked through the door of that old store. Yesterday, my husband and our two sons went for a stroll by a river and Nolan found these items. He was ecstatic. First item from left is a Civil War bullet. Second item is an old beer bottle that says Glennon's Pittston, Pa. Third item is a medicine bottle that says Dr. King's New Discovery For Coughs And Colds and on the side it says, H. E. Bucklen & Co. Fourth item is a soda bottle that says Braser It's So Bracing. It's funny because my husband and I spend a long time trying to find awesome finds with our metal detectors and one thing that we love to try and detect is Civil War bullets. My husband has found a couple but it takes dedication and much time, yet Nolan can walk on a riverbank and just simply stumble upon one. We had a hurricane flood our area recently and apparently the flood washed up some history. They can't wait to go back and find more.

Attachments

• 20170227_103516~2.jpg
    20170227_103516~2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 404
Very nice pieces of history and in great condition too. Much success with future finds. And thank your son for allowing us the opportunity to admire these great finds!

He's a keeper . The finds are as well to. Thats great that he's into this stuff , could very well keep him away from the bad influences in life . Good job to you parents. Hope to see more in the future.

Check them bottles out. They could be worth some money. That would flip his wig. He can sell them and get a detector and show Mom and Dad how to find things. Tell him,, GREAT JOB... KEN

Never too early to develop an interest in history. It can turn into a great hobby or profession. Thanks for supporting him in his interests and showing his latest discoveries.:yes:

Great way for a kid to learn. My son has did the same thing. He sold one of his finds and paid cash for his first car. I am in this months American Digger magazine with his find Belt buckle

you have a special son there. Most kids cannot tear themselves away from the video games or cell phones to experience the real world and even more rare a strong interest in the history of your country.

Back
Top Bottom