Winter hunting

dirtminer

I see on here that the snow doesnt stop some of you guys from MDing..My question is this do you notice any adverse effects from having your machine out in the cold for periods of time as it would seem bringing it inside would cause condensation...Any special recommendations for winter hunting?

My only recommendation for snow/winter hunting is...... DON'T!!! (sarcasm) Seriously, I do not hunt in the cold, that is research time. Yes, some people do this, more power to them. As for condensation, I would be sure to wipe the outside down when you come inside, then take out the batteries and hang the machine in an area that is dry with air movement (for me, that is the cellar). RickO

I will hunt, snow or no snow, until the ground is frozen. Last year that was mid-december here at sunny spots out in the woods on hills. I usually just make sure my detector comes back inside and is wiped down.

Here in New Jersey it's the only time to hunt. I hunt fields or woods and in the summer there are to many critters that want to eat or bite you. As long as I can get a shovel in the ground and there is less then 6 inches of snow it's game on. The only thing I do is, if the temperature gets in the teens or lower, I put a hand warmer on my batteries to keep them warm.

Here in New Jersey it's the only time to hunt. I hunt fields or woods and in the summer there are to many critters that want to eat or bite you. As long as I can get a shovel in the ground and there is less then 6 inches of snow it's game on. The only thing I do is, if the temperature gets in the teens or lower, I put a hand warmer on my batteries to keep them warm.

I second that, too many ticks out in the woods when it's warm

My Gold Bug SE owner's manual says not to use it below 14 degrees. It was 3 degrees yesterday and it's not even winter yet!!!!!!!! :)

Dusty

afther whiping and when you put it in a dry area....
leave the batteryspace open after batteryremoval, so condensation can get out easier.

Back
Top Bottom