On a hot streak

18kRonin

Forum Supporter

The Church, Under the Milky Way

Three hours hunting the same area as last time told me nothing was home. Did find some big bling that got my full attention till I realized it was glass on a silver earring.

Had a quick coffee break to thaw out a bit and revised my plan then went into prospecting mode. Stumbled onto a lone target that changed to hunt big time!!! A nice sized Plat with bling, after a few choice words :lol: kept at it.

Wasn't expecting anything more, would have been real happy to end the hunt right then and there but thought I'd give it just a bit longer, 20mins or so later saw yellow in the scoop talk about thunderstruck was looking at my favorite design of ring. A plan Jane but old with a classic look and a thick band not like the hollow new age stuff.

Had to go into overtime after that one :lol: lasted for a total of 5.5 hours in the water till the signs of hypothermia got very loud and clear :cold: took me hours to warm up :lol:

Know where I'll be going next hunt :yes:

Finds from the hunt:
Pt900 5.57g
18K 4.07g
3 silver

Thanks for viewing
HH&GL

Silver and Glass

Persistance always pays off, hypothermia, that word brings back memories, back in the days there was this friend of mine we called him flipper we used to surf up and down the baja coast, when the waves were big and gnarly usually in winter he always for some reason said hipothermia was starting to set in but made the best of it and at the end of the seassion had some memorable rides to share and talk about may he R I P. GL and HH.

:dingding:Lovely, just lovely! I like that song a lot too!

Beautiful! I like that big old gold with those kind of indented and raised hallmarks like that too...just nice fat and plain...just like that one!

Good on ya for staying out and getting the chill...Very nice work and fun to read your posts!
Mud

Ya done good Mate!!:thumbsup:

Congrats on the great finds and gittin outa there before ya froze something!!:yes:

CJ

Always Beautiful Treasures! Those pictures of are perfect also, All Very well done!

Brother Get yourself a drysuit, with dry gloves and 200gr undergarments...Stewart turned me onto the blue smurf gloves. I was out yesterday, water 38 airtemp 19 wind chill 3.. after three hours in the water I was still toasty other then my left foot had a chill..

Last edited:
Always love seeing your posts Ronin, because I know it'll be good stuff! Congrats again!!!

WOW! Very nice finds!:yes:

Thanks ND :yes:

Persistance always pays off, hypothermia, that word brings back memories, back in the days there was this friend of mine we called him flipper we used to surf up and down the baja coast, when the waves were big and gnarly usually in winter he always for some reason said hipothermia was starting to set in but made the best of it and at the end of the seassion had some memorable rides to share and talk about may he R I P. GL and HH.

Thanks Procali, did the odd bit of surfing myself. Surfing with penguins at the bottom of New Zealand in winter with a 7mm wetsuit. Man you've got to be fit to surf with a 7mm I wasn't :lol: Got brain freeze every time my head went under :lol:

Awesome finds

Thanks Joe :yes:

Nicely done G! :wow: You worked hard for those beauties but you were rewarded for your efforts- congrats!!! :yes:

Thanks George, the pressure was on :lol: felt like it was going to be a skunk ;)

:dingding:Lovely, just lovely! I like that song a lot too!

Thanks Felix :yes:

Beautiful! I like that big old gold with those kind of indented and raised hallmarks like that too...just nice fat and plain...just like that one!

Good on ya for staying out and getting the chill...Very nice work and fun to read your posts!
Mud

Thank you Mud-puppy, but nothing like the temps you guys hunt man that's cold :yes:

Congrats with the very nice finds!

Thanks Bruinvikes :yes:

Ya done good Mate!!:thumbsup:

Congrats on the great finds and gittin outa there before ya froze something!!:yes:

CJ

Thanks CJ :yes:

Fantastic hunt! Congrats on the plat!

Thanks Scott :grin:

Always Beautiful Treasures! Those pictures of are perfect also, All Very well done!

Brother Get yourself a drysuit, with dry gloves and 200gr undergarments...Stewart turned me onto the blue smurf gloves. I was out yesterday, water 38 airtemp 19 wind chill 3.. after three hours in the water I was still toasty other then my left foot had a chill..

Thanks Joe, I've got a drysuit just don't like using it totally submerged when upright, up to chest deep is great in a drysuit. The water has been a lot colder this year. But nothing like what you were hunting in, man that's nuts :lol:
As long as I've got targets to dig I don't mind the cold that much when hunting. It's when I get out that I feel it :yes:

Always love seeing your posts Ronin, because I know it'll be good stuff! Congrats again!!!

Thanks for the kind words Vermonster :yes:

Very nice... Were you shaking from excitement or the cold? :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Zee, went past the shaking stage into the euphoria stage :lol:

Always Killer stuff Ronin! There is nothing here but sand.:mad:

Thanks DD, yeah had that not too long ago. Took me a month to get onto a spot with the good stuff again :yes:

Awesome finds-no pain no gain:D

Thanks Melbajoe, no pain just comfortably numb ;)

What an awsome day, great rings.

Thanks Pin N Dig :yes:

Back
Top Bottom