Base housing payoff ... silver #10!

jbkelly3

Elite Member
Took my usual lunchtime break at my 'claim' on the old base housing area. Decided to go back and grid one of the earlier sites, and it paid of well. First signal was a wheat at three inches, and I managed a total of 5 in the 45 minutes I had to get geared up, hunt and break back down. As usual I keep swinging my coil all the way to the car ..... and a 81-85 signal confirmed this was a good idea! Pop the plug and sweep away one layer of dirt and I see the thin halo of silver ... say hi to Mr Rosie .. 1954 (d). This is silver #10 from the site ... now at what I predicted for the whole entire site ... and less than one third done!

Attachments

• 11 Feb  #10.JPG
    11 Feb #10.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 607
As usual I keep swinging my coil all the way to the car ..... and a 81-85 signal confirmed this was a good idea! QUOTE]

I swear by that method. I often find things on the way back to the car that I missed on the way in, or never walked over. If I have decided to quit I will try to swing all the way back to the car. It regularly pays off.

Great finds out there. I grew up in a lot of different base housing. They have closed soooo many old facilities and bases. I'm glad you are able to get something consistent like that. I once had a 1/4 acre field that gave up 27 Mercs. I loved it. HH

Back
Top Bottom