High Tide Towel Line Gold...

14kgold

It could be one of the last pieces of gold pulled from Newport this week.
Traveled down Wednesday afternoon/evening @ high tide just to hit the towel lines.
The beaches were pretty crowded over the weekend so thinking there might be a recent drop. I had the whole beach to myself never came within a 100 yards of anyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 653
Congratulations. You found more of an assortment of stuff than I did, I hunted Newport last week too. I'm planning on going back one day next week to find what you missed.

Hey Rich, congrats again on the gold! You got me beat this year. I have yet to pull any 2020 gold. You definitely deserve it my friend, hunting the dry sand with a PI can be a daunting task. :waytogo:

Good catch! Funny, but area beaches are closed for past month but opening soon. Can't wait to hit the beach early. Planned to hit high tide line first followed by my favorite - the water! Imagine lots of good targets have had a chance in past month to congregate at high tide line in the absence of metal detectorists hanging around ...just saying - your ring may have a lost brother or/and a lost sister waiting to be found. I'm here for them!

What a nice guy. :no:

Hey Rich, congrats again on the gold! You got me beat this year. I have yet to pull any 2020 gold. You definitely deserve it my friend, hunting the dry sand with a PI can be a daunting task. :waytogo:
Thanks Dave...I was surprised at how few targets there were on the beach. Not many coins or much trash for 3 hours of work. It felt great to get out and do some legal hunting. I'm bustin' out the DFX and going to do some dirt fishin' maybe run up to Ventura their beaches are open.
GL out there.....

Congratz on the gold. Good to see some CA reports ! (who needs those pesky large cents anyhow, eh ? :laughing: )

Great job! I predict that when beaches re-open, there will be such happiness and rejoycing, that items will be dropped and spilled in record numbers.

:dingding: I think anyone able to manage to get out and hunt is great - finding some gold is just icing on the cake!

Back
Top Bottom