Break glass in case of skunk

Congrats -not too often you find a gold coin-actually I think it's crazy rare:lol:and one that's in an18k bezel well!!!!!

Some Great treasure again 18! Boy you sure know how to clean a beach!

Beautifull, after reading this post i think im going to start hiting the dry sand no matter how trashy it is, ive heard stories of amazing lost items in a beach i hunt. Just gona have to wait for the sand to return in summer, right now the coast is geting pounded and striped of all the sand, this weekend 20 footers will pound and grind even more. Congrats on another amazing hunt.

Thanks Procali, :lol: looks easy just go out and dig like crazy :lol:

You sure have a variety of targets there. Just never know what will come up in the scoop.
Congrats on the coin

Thanks Steve, yeah that what keeps me going, there could be that find you never knew existed :yes:

Holy ..... Wow great hunt! :shock:

Thanks Apophis

Thanks Ruslan ;)

Congrats -not too often you find a gold coin-actually I think it's crazy rare:lol:and one that's in an18k bezel well!!!!!

Thanks Melbajoe, 10K class rings or even silver dimes are rarer here :lol:
So far a big fat zero on both :lol:

Some Great treasure again 18! Boy you sure know how to clean a beach!

Thanks Joe, trying real hard to get it all brother;)

And thanks to the Gold Coin Club social group on FMDF for the invite :yes:

Second hunt

Went back expecting gold this time working the dry with a bit more enthusiasm :lol: and got what I was hoping to get on the first hunt old coins and a lot more trash, had to use two trash bags. Got on to an iron free patch letting me get those deep target fluty Minelab responses from the Excal. Hunted for 6 and a half hours scoring four old coins, an Amani silver ring and another hand full of crusty coins.

For me that aluminum 1941 Mt Fuji coin 0.65g is a rare find, there were 2.2 billion minted from 1941-43 but have only found 5 or 6, this one having the best detail the others were worn smooth or just corroded to the max. Found it deep at the back of the beach.

The other aluminum coin in real bad condition is a Crow 1 sen coin 0.9g they were minted from 1938 to 1940 but were recalled and replaced with the lighter Mt Fuji coin to save on aluminum which was in short supply.

A nickel Chrysanthemum 50 yen coin a reasonably common find. Minted from 1959 to 1966 total of around 350 million were circulated.

A Chinese Chia T'ai cash coin the Chia T'ai reign was from 1201 - 1204a.d. so guess it was cast then. Again found deep at the back of the beach. Back then they used coins for centuries could have been in use in Japan hundreds of years after it was first introduced.

A group shot with the dime I got in the first hunt for size.

And Mr Armani in as found condition.

Last edited:
Another Great Hunt!!

You know I think on my last trip Craig found a few of those holed coins??

Back
Top Bottom